Children Of Bodom VS. Cradle Of Filth

Stand-Ablaze said:
Alexi looks like Avril Lavigne, and Dani filth looks like a troll....................................
I'll go with Alexi.
But I don't like COF anyway.
photo7.jpg

alppu0441~img.jpg

spellbound-by-the-bodom said:
im sure cradle of filth are more "metal" than any of us here so they are hardly posers in any sense

Omg, saying ANYTHING is more "metal" than anything else makes you an idiot... please don't give me flashbacks to the ignorant baboons on the Testament board screaming at each other over who's more "metal". :rolleyes: It's really funny when you ask people what makes you "metal", exactly... the answers you get, if they try, will make your day.

CoF are the biggest posers I've ever seen in my life... it's appalling. I've only heard Midian, but I was so disgusted that words can never describe it... one thing's for sure: they have no flow, which is the worst insult a band can ever have. Just thinking about them is starting to make me really angry. Well, black metal is black metal, no matter how sugar-coated and gay it is... and black metal sucks, since it's not even music most of the time.

i know you all have freedom to speak with your own opinions and shit. but to all you who say CoF suck, well...when im watching CoF perform, and i think about some people on the net saying they suck, it just makes me think...geez you guys wont come even close to what they have. so naaa i dont think they suck.

Stand-Ablaze said:
Alexi looks like Avril Lavigne, and Dani filth looks like a troll....................................
I'll go with Alexi.
But I don't like COF anyway.
studio6.jpg

I think he resembles Leelee Sobieski more

somefuckingwarrior said:
i know you all have freedom to speak with your own opinions and shit. but to all you who say CoF suck, well...when im watching CoF perform, and i think about some people on the net saying they suck, it just makes me think...geez you guys wont come even close to what they have. so naaa i dont think they suck.

What do they have, exactly? Besides ridiculous makeup and a legion of gothy fangirls? Oh, and really shitty music that sounds like it was randomly generated with some sort of magical trendy black metal machine.

God I hate these stupid versus threads, they're always bands that don't even come close to sounding alike (like In Flames! Wtf, I hate it when people say CoB sounds like IF... but CoF is even worse).

Are you acually serious????? Do you HONESTLY think someone can be more "metal" than another??? Oh my, this is too much! :tickled: I already wrote a msg earlier that you may've missed, dealing with this, but I will again anyhow.
Dude, how old are you? 12? 15? I can't believe people still say "metal" as if it's a fucking verb or adverb or adjective or something. It's a label of a very large genre of music that also includes pussies like CoF. I stated my opinion, and then I also stated a fact. I will now pose the previous question to you, -please- answer, I will love to read your reason: "Since someone can be more 'metal' than someone else, explain to me how this is measured." That's it. Please please please answer... is it the length of your hair? Or maybe how dark and grim your lyrics are? :tickled: :lol: :worship: :yell: :ill: :err: :D :tickled:

u definitly can´t compare Bands like CoF & CoB !!

CoF is commercial Heavy?? Metal Band, making their fun out of kiddies dreaming of beeing a vampire or shit like that...

CoB is a not too serious Band at all... Their music is not bad, but nothing i would dedicate as atmospherically or even intelligent...
They r just entertaining... nothing more...
And.. sorry, but shredding like Alexi is doing, is not to easy to do it by yourself, but has nothing, really nothing to do with good music.. or would u say Emperor, Enslaved or Satyricon didn´t make good music ??

jm2c

Stun said:
Are you acually serious????? Do you HONESTLY think someone can be more "metal" than another??? Oh my, this is too much! :tickled: I already wrote a msg earlier that you may've missed, dealing with this, but I will again anyhow.
Dude, how old are you? 12? 15? I can't believe people still say "metal" as if it's a fucking verb or adverb or adjective or something. It's a label of a very large genre of music that also includes pussies like CoF. I stated my opinion, and then I also stated a fact. I will now pose the previous question to you, -please- answer, I will love to read your reason: "Since someone can be more 'metal' than someone else, explain to me how this is measured." That's it. Please please please answer... is it the length of your hair? Or maybe how dark and grim your lyrics are? :tickled: :lol: :worship: :yell: :ill: :err: :D :tickled:
Saying that Black Metal sucks does not tell anything good from you. You are not metal, because a metal guy does not say that one kind of metal sucks (despite Nu Metal, if we consider that crap "Metal"), and Black Metal is one of the TRVEST Metal styles of all time.

Ok, I was kidding, but you have to consider that you pissed off some metal styles, and it is not an intelligent thing, you know. But well, I don't want to argue with anybody who can't talk without blaming and insults.

Back to the Avril Lavigne topic, you can't say Alexi looks like Avril, you have to say Avril looks like Alexi cause he came before her

rhoads said:
Back to the Avril Lavigne topic, you can't say Alexi looks like Avril, you have to say Avril looks like Alexi cause he came before her
Yeah but i came in her mouth:p ;) :hotjump: :dopey: :oops: :cool: :lol:

A Fire Inside said:
If anybody liked CoF more than Bodom he or she probably would be posting in CoF's forum, not here. Maybe he would post in both forums, but it's more likely to be what I said.
Ehh, CoF's forums (at least, the official ones) are fucking gay.
And Children of Bodom still kicks the asses of all other bands in existence today.

Ensomt hjerte said:
u definitly can´t compare Bands like CoF & CoB !!

CoF is commercial Heavy?? Metal Band, making their fun out of kiddies dreaming of beeing a vampire or shit like that...

CoB is a not too serious Band at all... Their music is not bad, but nothing i would dedicate as atmospherically or even intelligent...
They r just entertaining... nothing more...
jm2c
Are you saying that COB aren't as talented as we all think they are??

If you are, you dont know what your talking about. Alexi started studying violin at age 7, and played classical music, he is a classically trained musician, and he puts it to goo use, probably better than a lot of other bands. He started playing guitar at age 10, and his violin training definately helped with that, fingering and what not. Janne, is also a classically trained musician also.

Are you saying that COB aren't as talented as we all think they are??
Show me the part where i wrote that and i would say yes...
but i can´t say yes...
btw. i don´t know how u think how talented they are...
Sure are CoB talented.. partly talented as hell !!!
But it don´t makes good music if u r "just" talented...
U have to make sth. out of ur talent !!!
And, sorry, but he or they could do much much more...
Their music is little bit stagnated...
slowly they r beginning to copy themself....

If you are, you dont know what your talking about. Alexi started studying violin at age 7, and played classical music, he is a classically trained musician, and he puts it to goo use, probably better than a lot of other bands. He started playing guitar at age 10, and his violin training definately helped with that, fingering and what not. Janne, is also a classically trained musician also.

Take as an example: You´re better of Dead - at about 2:26 until about 3:06
What r they doing there ? First the keyboard and then the guitar.. they´re playing quite difficult, but the part has nothing to do with the rest of the song !!
It could fit in every Song from them... nearly in every Rock-Song it would fit either.... and parts like them -> it must not be difficult to be good !!!! - If u think it has to be... sorry no future
Melodies, Solos, Drumfills, Basslines, Songlines - it all have to fit to the whole song. It has to bring some atmosphaere so that text AND song brings u the feeling of what he´s talking about !!!
In Germany we say .. "Manchmal ist ein bisschen weniger mehr!!!"

And please don´t subordinate me things i didn´t say and i even don´t think !!

a friend of mine is playing guitar for.. uh i don´t know exactly.. probably 10 years ? and the last 4 years he´s doing nothing besides it!!
If u watch him playing, ur eyes even can´t follow his fingers...
But watch him playing live with his band and u would laugh ur ass off !!!
Their songwriting is bad as a mountain high !!