Children Of Bodom VS. Cradle Of Filth

lavigne-avril.jpg

s_alexi.jpg

:lol:

To the guy who said that CoB is stagnating and so on: your opinion of the song You're Better Off Dead is not a fact. You know why? Because I don't agree. Don't try to turn opinions into facts please...

CoB is a fast, aggressive band... they use many similar tempos (like 180 and 190) over and over... considering how different their songs sound, this is fairly impressive. However, yes, they do reuse elements. Unfortunately for your argument, ALL bands do. CoF, for example, reuses similar elements just about every song (on Midian, every song except for two or three). CoB may have a similar aggressive feel, but their four albums all have a different musical approach and mostly different influences... if you don't agree, sucks to be you... and that's a fact! :D I do know what you mean, that sometimes you think "haven't I heard something like this before?"... however, I have NEVER listened to a band in my life that I haven't thought this at one time or another... and with CoB, I've very rarely thought that way. Maybe you think different; again, that'd suck to be you then.

What do they have, exactly? Besides ridiculous makeup and a legion of gothy fangirls? Oh, and really shitty music that sounds like it was randomly generated with some sort of magical trendy black metal machine.

What do they have exactly? ok they do have gothy fangirls. but that shitty music has got alot of fuckin' attention and gone along way. so while theyre on stage doing big things, not givin' a flying' fuck who you are, youre sitting in your room playing some CoB arpeggios. so let them play their shitty music while you play your shitty music in your room. it is shit right? i'd 'ave seen ya! i'd be buying your god damn ticket!
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Geez man, you're either a hardcore Cradle fan or have personal problems.

No, I'm not playing CoB arpeggios, because 1) I never cared to learn other artists' songs, for various reasons, 2) My guitar was stolen a while ago, and 3) I make my own music just about 24/7, which everyone I've ever shown it to (who's given me feedback, at least) has loved. Maybe not every song, but a majority. So fuck you and fuck what you think. Don't assume anything. I'm a musician, Dani Filth is just that: filth. He (and/or his band) makes repetitive, dull music that is driven entirely by catchiness and a laughable attempt at aggression. There is no depth and never will be any in CoF's music. You can call that an opinion but I'd call it a fact. Sometimes the line is blurred... it doesn't matter tho, if you like them, fine. Someone made a stupid thread and a couple ppl made soem stupid posts so I gave my input too.

About your snide comment about popularity: I don't have a band. There is not enough talented people around my area to play my type of music. So I make everything (guitars, bass, drums, lyrics, keys, etc) in the meantime. In the past year or so, I've made over an hour and a half of music by myself, with noone's input. Might not seem like a lot, but it is. Once again, fuck you. It's probably -a lot- more than you did, and it's definitely more than Dani Filth will ever do. No hard feelings, really, man, but don't assume shit about ppl you don't know anything about...

uh... right.

CoF don't suck. I'm sick of people saying that they suck and they're not black metal. It's kind of annoying. The bottom line is that most people either say that because they're going along with the trend (don't you deny that it's trendy to say CoF suck :lol: ) or they don't want to be smashed by the people who support the trend. It's a vicious cycle.

Although there are people out there that just don't like their music. That's cool, as long as you don't say they suck. People like brittney spears suck. Justin Timberlake sucks. They don't make their own music. As a musician I feel it is important to keep an open mind about most things. If you don't like it, that's fine, but they're selling records by the millions to people who do.

Also - may I point out that just because you may be a fucking awesome musician that does not entitle you to run around saying everyone else sucks. Like it or not - there is always going to be somebody out there who is better than you. Period. Don't come crying back to the people you dissed when a 15 year old kid who's been playing guitar since he was 5 treats you like a bitch at the next Guitar Center you step into :lol:

And also - I'm not a huge CoF fan, nor am I a huge CoB fanboy, I own several releases from each band. You cannot deny that Alexi is a good shred player. His guitar playing is very thrashy, and he has some neat sweeps. You also cannot deny that the Paul Allendar comes up with some pretty kickin riffs of his own. If you're judging Cradle and you haven't heard "Damnation and a Day" I suggest you go back and listen to that with an open mind. I find that cd to be quite kick ass. It may take a couple of listens, but you'll see the good in it. IMO it's their best release to date.

anywho - i just thought i'd say something on here... yeah... I'm bored.

Ensomt hjerte said:
Show me the part where i wrote that and i would say yes...
but i can´t say yes...
btw. i don´t know how u think how talented they are...
Sure are CoB talented.. partly talented as hell !!!
But it don´t makes good music if u r "just" talented...
U have to make sth. out of ur talent !!!
And, sorry, but he or they could do much much more...
Their music is little bit stagnated...
slowly they r beginning to copy themself....

Take as an example: You´re better of Dead - at about 2:26 until about 3:06
What r they doing there ? First the keyboard and then the guitar.. they´re playing quite difficult, but the part has nothing to do with the rest of the song !!
It could fit in every Song from them... nearly in every Rock-Song it would fit either.... and parts like them -> it must not be difficult to be good !!!! - If u think it has to be... sorry no future
Melodies, Solos, Drumfills, Basslines, Songlines - it all have to fit to the whole song. It has to bring some atmosphaere so that text AND song brings u the feeling of what he´s talking about !!!
In Germany we say .. "Manchmal ist ein bisschen weniger mehr!!!"

And please don´t subordinate me things i didn´t say and i even don´t think !!

a friend of mine is playing guitar for.. uh i don´t know exactly.. probably 10 years ? and the last 4 years he´s doing nothing besides it!!
If u watch him playing, ur eyes even can´t follow his fingers...
But watch him playing live with his band and u would laugh ur ass off !!!
Their songwriting is bad as a mountain high !!
I agree on some parts and disagree on others:
yes sometimes different songs can use the same chord structures as others, hell the entire HCDR album was based off of the d chord, but i still like the album. The I II III/III II I chord arrangments are all over the place throughout COB's carreer. There are also other things besides talent that can Make or Break a band, Look at the fucking Sex pistols, they sucked, talent wise. well at least live. their one Studio album was a smash, and still is I think. Catchy, well thought out songs is what makes a band good, regardless of talent. But the talent helps to broaden the Creative freedom. and the more talent you have, the more odd/creative/exerimental you can get.

I don't think I'm an awesome musician. I just said that almost all people (I showed it to) liked my shit. And I said that in specific response to some fuckign warrior's (I think that's who it was) post about me and CoF. The only time that I ever got really negative feedback (like poeple saying "all your music sucks and you suck as a musician) was on the Testament board, but uh... I won't comment any more on them.

Well, you have a point in saying that I'm not so much entitled to bash their shit, because I am mostly judging it from Midian, the only entire cd I've heard. So I'll refine what I said: "CoF suck dick now, but they could've had good and interesting music that I haven't heard before". :)