Children Of Bodom VS. Cradle Of Filth

Stun said:
I don't think I'm an awesome musician. I just said that almost all people (I showed it to) liked my shit. And I said that in specific response to some fuckign warrior's (I think that's who it was) post about me and CoF. The only time that I ever got really negative feedback (like poeple saying "all your music sucks and you suck as a musician) was on the Testament board, but uh... I won't comment any more on them.

Well, you have a point in saying that I'm not so much entitled to bash their shit, because I am mostly judging it from Midian, the only entire cd I've heard. So I'll refine what I said: "CoF suck dick now, but they could've had good and interesting music that I haven't heard before". :)

the musician thing was just in general - don't over analyze that man :D it's all good. If people are saying you suck that's just gay. You need constructive criticism, not "you blow, fag" :lol:

ummm - yeah... midian is not that great. The only good song off of that one is "Her Ghost in the Fog" and for some reason I love that song. It's not complex or anything, it just sounds cool.

'Her ghost in the fog' is one of the few COF songs i like. My problem is that i can't stand DaniFilth's vocals. But after all, i didn't like Laiho's vocals in the beginning, and then i got used to them. Maybe i should listen some more COF

Geez man, you're either a hardcore Cradle fan or have personal problems.

No, I'm not playing CoB arpeggios, because 1) I never cared to learn other artists' songs, for various reasons, 2) My guitar was stolen a while ago, and 3) I make my own music just about 24/7, which everyone I've ever.........................and all the rest

dude, i didnt want your life story ok :lol:. yea k

HATECREW DEATHTOLL is definitely a lot livelier and more explosive and "coming at you", but DAMNATION AND A DAY is a lot more sophisticated with a very superb story about Armageddon in excellent detail starting from the beginning of time all the way to the very end, and it is brought out very well. There are also more multi-talents being displayed with all different kinds of instruments on DAMNATION AND A DAY. HATECREW DEATHTOLL displays plenty of multi-talents, too, though, and as a figure of speech, I found it easier to feel the music and beat "going through you" a lot easier on it. That is a pretty tough choice. :headbang:

wrathchild1973 said:
HATECREW DEATHTOLL is definitely a lot livelier and more explosive and "coming at you", but DAMNATION AND A DAY is a lot more sophisticated with a very superb story about Armageddon in excellent detail starting from the beginning of time all the way to the very end, and it is brought out very well. There are also more multi-talents being displayed with all different kinds of instruments on DAMNATION AND A DAY. HATECREW DEATHTOLL displays plenty of multi-talents, too, though, and as a figure of speech, I found it easier to feel the music and beat "going through you" a lot easier on it. That is a pretty tough choice. :headbang:

CoB have a little bit of a thrashy feel sometimes - i just like the way Paul Allendar plays his guitar sometimes. err.. most of the time - especially off the new album

and I like Dani Filth's voice too. :lol:

mmhh, it's hatecrew deathROLL.
AFI said:
And yes, Raistlin, you should listen to Cradle Of Filth a bit more to get used to their vocals... Give it a try!
OK, so, which COF album do you recommend?

FretsAflame said:
CoB have a little bit of a thrashy feel sometimes - i just like the way Paul Allendar plays his guitar sometimes. err.. most of the time - especially off the new album

and I like Dani Filth's voice too. :lol:

Yeah. I noticed the thrashy feel right from the start myself. I like it, though. I think they can give a great mix of thrash metal and black metal that actually goes great together without getting sloppy or anything like that. They definitely have some great multiple talents.

wrathchild1973 said:
Yeah. I noticed the thrashy feel right from the start myself. I like it, though. I think they can give a great mix of thrash metal and black metal that actually goes great together without getting sloppy or anything like that. They definitely have some great multiple talents.

yeah I enjoy it - I like other stuff a lot more - but I won't knock CoB at all :D

what a retarted thread........

WHAT? COB ARE WINNING OVER CRADLE OF FILTH ON THE OFFICIAL COB FORUM?????? I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!

maybe I should go to a Darkthrone forum and start a Darkthrone vs. In Flames!!!!!! It would be tight.....

Raistlin1980 said:
mmhh, it's hatecrew deathROLL.

OK, so, which COF album do you recommend?
I strongly recommend "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh", is their most black metallesque album. Or "Dusk... And Her Embrace". Or take a look at "Midian", although it's way far from black metal it has a very good combination of elements that make this album have a unique style.

SunlapseVertigo said:
what a retarted thread........

WHAT? COB ARE WINNING OVER CRADLE OF FILTH ON THE OFFICIAL COB FORUM?????? I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!

maybe I should go to a Darkthrone forum and start a Darkthrone vs. In Flames!!!!!! It would be tight.....

hahahaha