CHILDREN OF BODOM YOUR FAV BAND?

^Hmm, I can see what your point is there, yeah... but in the meantime I don't feel like blaming other people for some bands changes because I think that, if there's someone to blame, then it's gonna be the band itself first...

After all, it's the band that decides what its own style/sound/appearance, or whatever else, is gonna be... fans just "follow", accept and adapt themselves to the new things, and somehow they do change too... without knowing or noticing it too, sometimes.

┼Victim of the Night┼;6400147 said:
^Hmm, I can see what your point is there, yeah... but in the meantime I don't feel like blaming other people for some bands changes because I think that, if there's someone to blame, then it's gonna be the band itself first...

After all, it's the band that decides what its own style/sound/appearance, or whatever else, is gonna be... fans just "follow", accept and adapt themselves to the new things, and somehow they do change too... without knowing or noticing it too, sometimes.

It is infact the people's "fault". Picture a band that have been working very hard to write their own music, and to actually make a living out of it, and then seeing some brat playing a 4 chord song with a simple little melody, making 10 times the money they do?

Alot of good musician's have to resort to being session player's for some pop singer just because that yields more money than actually writing a metal masterpiece.

All this is because of the fans that prefer more easy listened, popular music.

It is infact the people's "fault". Picture a band that have been working very hard to write their own music, and to actually make a living out of it, and then seeing some brat playing a 4 chord song with a simple little melody, making 10 times the money they do?

Alot of good musician's have to resort to being session player's for some pop singer just because that yields more money than actually writing a metal masterpiece.

All this is because of the fans that prefer more easy listened, popular music.

Once more, I must admit that I see your point.

I'm sorry, it's that about this whole matter I've always thought the way I said before... but maybe you and Swabs are right.

Ofcourse they could just write the music they want to, and don't get that many record sales, but then they would probably have to work on the side to afford to live, which would ultimately mean that they wouldn't have the time to practice/record.

Well, I think about my fav. bands and these are my fav. bands:

1- Children Of Bodom
2- Dimmu Borgir
3- Amon Amarth
4- Devildriver
5- Lamb Of God
6- Behemoth
7- Lacrimas Profundere

In the metal Genre there my fav. but, as polar opposite as they are, I'm also a huge pink floyd fan. basic elements aren't too aweful different... guitar, drums, bass, keys... and both are groups of extremely talented musicians but totally different sounds...lol

As of now:
1. Children of Bodom running amok
2. Cradle of Filth
3. Chthonic
4. Pyrexia
5. Angel Corpse
6. Leviathan
7. Limbonic Art
8. Black Dahlia Murder
9. Matriarch
10. Ummm. B4Mv?

Hm.

1) Opeth
2) Anything John 5 touches
3) King Diamond
4) Arch Enemy
5) Manson

The new AE and Manson are absolutely amazing. I think Manson's new album is the very essence of what he's been after his entire career.

1. Pain Of Salvation
2. Dream Theater
3. The Flower Kings
4. TransAtlantic
5. Porcupine Tree

Yeah.. They are all Prog, but I do like Metal.

But Are You Crap yet? is totally weak.

I think Manson's new album is the very essence of what he's been after his entire career.

Badly emulating everything that's bad about modern shock rock?

Though my list of top bands has changed somewhat since I've last visited here, Children of Bodom continue to hold their position in my top 5.

1. Blind Guardian
2. Death
3. Children of Bodom
4. Immortal
5. Gorgoroth

And Trivium and In This Moment and In Flames and Nightwish. Clearly a wannabe metal fan who's favourite CoB album is AYDY/HCDR.

People like this ruin real metal music, and are the cause of bands changing to be more mainstream, for example CoB.

I am definately not a 'wannabe metal fan'. I think it's completely ridiculous to judge someone like that. Especially when you don't even know me at all. If you don't like those bands then fuck you. Don't call me a wannabe because of it :)

And no, my favorite CoB album is not aydy/hcdr. So please don't assume stupid things like that. :)

This band is a important to me as when metallica first got me into metal,they opend up alot of doors for me,you know the grim reaper on the covers..(i heard his names fred hehe) well he has his hand out and was beconing me to take his hand and cross to the dark side...i took his hand.....i have crossed over..to the point of no return..hey..fred..why did you bring me to this tree with that rope tied around it...its dark here.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ha, i'll probably get hated for saying that Wintersun is my favourite band, but hey, it is.

Cob is still way up there though

Ha, i'll probably get hated for saying that Wintersun is my favourite band, but hey, it is.

lol , don't talk any kind of shit , wintersun is awesome ;)

# 1 Children of Bodom
# 2 In Flames
# 3 Wintersun
# 4 Soilwork
# 5 Blind Guardian
# 6 Amon Amarth
# 7 Slipknot
# 8 Slayer
# 9 Finntroll
# 10 Arch Enemy

That's my fuckin' top ten list , if someone like Metropolis Part 2 or Swabs has got a problem with it , i don't care :p

The numbers are sometimes chaining a bit , but Bodom is placed at the top and will stay there ^^

Yea wintersun have the potential to be cob's second coming (old style i mean) but SKYFIRE wins hands down this band is so incredible and shamelesly underated,kalmah are a SICK SICK band to