Children of Decadence/Hip Hop

I did some research and found out that his album debuted on #10 in the official German charts and he used the track with the sample as video to promote his album. So yeah, in a way COB helped him to sell more albums.

Nice. if you have some more informaton, be sure to give it to us. Btw, I dont think thats the rapper fault. Lots of time, they are people who make beat for songs, and then the rappers picks the one he likes. I'm pretty sure that rapper didn't even knew who was CoB , but the ''beat-producer'' knew.

Nice. if you have some more informaton, be sure to give it to us. Btw, I dont think thats the rapper fault. Lots of time, they are people who make beat for songs, and then the rappers picks the one he likes. I'm pretty sure that rapper didn't even knew who was CoB , but the ''beat-producer'' knew.

Yeah, you are right. In detail, the person who claimed that this songs was written by him will end up in the biggest trouble. I haven't seen the song writing credits in the booklet but it would be interesting to know.

They were probably like " d00d, dis is liek a totally underground black metal song letz sample it nobody will ever knows about it, lol"

Probably. And this was a huge mistake.

what exactly do you do? :)

Basically, I'm a music nerd, guitar junkie in particular. I write a lot, I'm stubborn and ambitious with it. After I graduate from college I plan on relocating to Finland or Sweden to pursue a band and a career.

In that I've had stuff stolen before, I went to a jam/cover show-based music school while in high school. It was typical to be given "homework" to write the best riffs possible, record them, and use them in collaborated songs during jams every week.

After I left the school, I guess about 6 months later a few of the kids I played with put together a band and got some exposure. Through myspace, youtube, etc. I heard songs they credited as their own with a few of my riffs. I wouldn't have been bent if they were basic metal rhythm riffs, galloping power chords or whatever, but they were lead guitar lines, easy to pick out. Kind of like the lead line in Needled 24/7. The kind of stuff that's stupid to toy with.

and... that's what I do. :)

Spinefarm were already aware of that and contacted the artist who had no permission to use that sample.

Ok, good to know. Nothing posted said anything about having written them, and the posts were recent so I did it. I'm a Legal Studies/Pre-law major so I'm pretty touchy about that stuff. Thanks though! :D

After I left the school, I guess about 6 months later a few of the kids I played with put together a band and got some exposure. Through myspace, youtube, etc. I heard songs they credited as their own with a few of my riffs. I wouldn't have been bent if they were basic metal rhythm riffs, galloping power chords or whatever, but they were lead guitar lines, easy to pick out. Kind of like the lead line in Needled 24/7. The kind of stuff that's stupid to toy with.

and... that's what I do. :)

Did you kick their asses? :p

And I'm very glad that this nigga is going to get what he deserves.. I guess he's in a huge trouble :Smokin:

I have a question... What riffs did Alexi ever steal? Im really not trying to be an ass here I would just like to know. I just got into the metal sene not too long ago because of bands like Inflames and of course COB. So I dont really listen to alot of other bands. So if Alexi does take riffs from other ppl I would like to know from whom. All I know is COB is the reason I listen to metal, because it was somthing I never heard before, and I dont think any other bands sound like them and vise versa.

I have a question... What riffs did Alexi ever steal? Im really not trying to be an ass here I would just like to know. I just got into the metal sene not too long ago because of bands like Inflames and of course COB. So I dont really listen to alot of other bands. So if Alexi does take riffs from other ppl I would like to know from whom. All I know is COB is the reason I listen to metal, because it was somthing I never heard before, and I dont think any other bands sound like them and vise versa.

Well, almost every "classical part" on something wild and hatebreeder are taken from old composer like J.S Bach( red light in my eyes pt.1, the nail), Mozart( red light in my eyes pt.II, hatebreeder, black widow). The melody from Bed of razors is almost identical to an Annihilator song, the intro to black widow is from miami vice. There is a lot more, go to scythes-of-bodom.com or search the forum, there was a thread about that. Oh, and some lyrics lines are taken from others too.

Did you kick their asses? :p

And I'm very glad that this nigga is going to get what he deserves.. I guess he's in a huge trouble :Smokin:

Haha nah, I didn't bother. It was before I knew the difference between metal riff and good metal riff. They were really bad riffs. haha

The bastard(s) responsible will serve their share I hope.

I have a question... What riffs did Alexi ever steal? Im really not trying to be an ass here I would just like to know...

So if Alexi does take riffs from other ppl I would like to know from whom.

I don't know of any riffs he's taken per se. I think it's just a view some have about Alexi maybe being a little too inspired by other pieces and ending up with riffs maybe too close to others. Nothing's stuck out to me as being copied, but I haven't listened for anything either. I guess someone else could point out an example if there is a good one.

Just getting into metal recently? Um... some may argue but... try out Opeth's Black Water Park as an intro to them. Check out Death, try Individual Thought Patterns and Human. What else... Arch Enemy's Anthems of Rebellion, Shadows Fall The Art of Balance, sample some Finntroll if you like the Finnish folk metal sound and... for some old school try At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul. Enjoy. Or... don't. :p

Welcome to metal!

Well, he pretty much stole the opening riff of Pantera's Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks to the opening riff of Punch Me I Bleed..