Children Of Men

I want to see pan's labyrinth and inland empire by david lynch so bad but unfortunately I live in a hick state and they aren't playing here. fucking fuck fuck

Watched it a couple times now, its pretty/very good. The ending kinda disapoints me though, it feels like it dropped off really suddenly.

Spoiler (I've given fair enough warning so bitching will not be tolerated):

The boat arrives, the end. Well what the fuck happens after? Do they figure out how to make women fertile again? Do they turn her into a breeding subject? Was left WAAAY too open for my liking.

Otherwise, good movie.

It was amazing, yes.

The most disturbing parts of it were the references to illegal immigration laws, and the allusion to Abu Ghraib, which apparently nobody besides me seemed to catch. Seems our society is already heading in that direction. :erk:

Saw it last night too. Good, but not great. Kinda reminded me of 1984 crossed with Schindler's List crossed with Saving Private Ryan, but not as good as any of those stories. Great camera work, as someone already alluded to, and I did get a bit misty during the part when they come down the stairs by the soldiers with Dillon. But the ending left a lot to be desired, I didn't sympathize much with the main characters, and it seems like they kind of expected you to accept the whole entire-planet-is-now-infertile concept with a grain of salt and little to no explanation.

and it seems like they kind of expected you to accept the whole entire-planet-is-now-infertile concept with a grain of salt and little to no explanation.

I actually didn't mind that too much as they atleast explained it was a scientific mystery...

But I agree with you about the ending completely.

Saw it last night too. Good, but not great. Kinda reminded me of 1984 crossed with Schindler's List crossed with Saving Private Ryan, but not as good as any of those stories. Great camera work, as someone already alluded to, and I did get a bit misty during the part when they come down the stairs by the soldiers with Dillon. But the ending left a lot to be desired, I didn't sympathize much with the main characters, and it seems like they kind of expected you to accept the whole entire-planet-is-now-infertile concept with a grain of salt and little to no explanation.

the ending was symbolic of the future of our race, vague..... I loved it, and that was the point of the whole film ...our future is vague.....it is unwritten, and can be changed by hope, this movie is about the power of hope, and the undeniable power of hope if we are empowered...

fucking 200 seeders, only 20KB/S down. Maybe on tuesday it will be done and I will watch it and comment about it. But i like the idea behind it ( i saw the previews), that maybe the humans have no future unless something changes

the ending was symbolic of the future of our race, vague..... I loved it, and that was the point of the whole film ...our future is vague.....it is unwritten, and can be changed by hope, this movie is about the power of hope, and the undeniable power of hope if we are empowered...

New album concept, perhaps?

I may sound cheesy saying this, but I really didn't think of it that way... Granted I still do not enjoy the ending, but thinking about it this way does shed more understanding to it.

Interesting outlook, since I thought that maybe this movie was gritty and real and powerful enough to make people finally realize that the future might not be okay. Sadly though, I don't think that's ever going to occur until something bad actually does happen.

How can you miss the concept of why the women were infertile? It's sci-fi. the point is people have given up hope for life and that's why they stopped having kids. the human mind is a powerful thing and when it gives up hope of life there are dire consequences and what is symbolizes means more than the actual events and whether or not they are scientifically sound. doesn't have to scientifically work because it's sci-fi what if scenario. your mindset is totally out of whack for the type of movie this is and I think thats a big problem for you buddy. anyhow the point of the movie at least to me is the beauty of life itself which is sometimes hard to see in a world so overpopulated.

I might get to see Inland Empire at the Kodak Theatre and see David Lynch and some nonsense musician that night as well.

*crossing fingers...not holding much hope though*