Choose the best of 1976

Which is the best album of 1976?

• Total voters
Damn that's a tough question but for the sake that this was band that got me started in listening to
metal in the 70's It was Kiss! But Priest comes in a close second and as of now that
album esp. is what I'd rather listen to today.

I voted for Destroyer, but Rock and Roll Over was also released in 1976, and that is my favorite KISS album.

Virgin Killer and Rising next...

Another one that's not there is the first Boston album, which would be #2 of that year for me, behind RaRO.

Boston - Boston....

I appreciate those others more now than then, but speaking from me as an 8 year-old, I wasn't quite ready for most of those bands. I was already jamming on Boston though.

Bryant

That really is a tough poll to answer, but I went with 2112. I didn't realize how many great albums were released that year.

Rising is my favorite among those albums, but I also love Destroyer (one of the best Kiss efforts), Rocks from Aerosmith and, of course, Sad Wings Of Destiny, maybe the first heavy metal tout-court release in history!

Well I voted for Rainbow, Rush, BS, JP and Scorpions

But of course everybody forgot a couple of albums which also came in 1976:

Thin Lizzy - "Jailbreak" and "Johnny The Fox" (talk about being prolific!)
Motorhead - "On Parole" (real debut)

I voted for Priest, AC/DC , Aerosmith and Zeppelin.. but to tell you truth i wasn't crazy about any of those albums... to me they were all ok.. i would of voted for Sabbath but i will be honest and say that was a horrible album.. that and Never Say Die...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
i would of voted for Sabbath but i will be honest and say that was a horrible album.. that and Never Say Die...

BLASPHEMER! :p

Most people don't like them but I love them, and especially "Technical Ectasy" :worship:

Wyvern said:
BLASPHEMER! :p

Most people don't like them but I love them, and especially "Technical Ectasy" :worship:

You know me... always speak my mind however unpopular my opinions always seem to be LOL ... i never go with the majority for majority sakes.. look at the response i got on the Motorhead/Motley Crue thread... pretty much i said a glam band should not play with a thrash band (they are the grand daddies of thrash so i still consider them as such) ...back in the 80's we wouldn't even be having this discussion about thrash/glam bands.. yet someone took it serious and seems to be trying to instigate a argument between me and Sixx.. anyways it's not Blasphemy damnit about Sabbath lol that album wasn't good... they lost it after i think Sabotage with Ozzy. the magic wasn't there anymore till Dio came along... anyways how is CR Wyvern? i'm most likely heading there for vacation in October to visit sister and family...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
they lost it after i think Sabotage with Ozzy. the magic wasn't there anymore till Dio came along...

Well that's a fact! ;)

anyways how is CR Wyvern? i'm most likely heading there for vacation in October to visit sister and family...

Rainy, grey, cold (CR standard). Gas is going up, prices are going up, cost of living is going up...salaries are not.

If you're going to drop by please let me know, so we can tag along :wave:

Wyvern said:
Well that's a fact! ;)

Rainy, grey, cold (CR standard). Gas is going up, prices are going up, cost of living is going up...salaries are not.

If you're going to drop by please let me know, so we can tag along :wave:

Will do... i hope the dollar still goes a long way there.. right now Taca tickets are about $455 round trip... don't know if ill have enough time to hang though .. because ill only be there a week and i will be in the San Jose area. not sure where in CR u are in...