Choosing an Opeth song for class...

Manga-San

Mar 19, 2003
Visit site
My sociology teacher gave us an assignment in which we have to bring a song in that has lyrics dealing with an interperesonal relationship. I immediately decided to choose an Opeth song, but I'm having trouble choosing one. Opting to play MAYH or SL in their entirety has been ruled out (I asked, with the answer being a resounding "No!")...

I'm pretty sure no matter what I pick that nobody will like it (except for maybe one of my friends) so don't let that affect the decision...

I was leaning towards The Drapery Falls because I think the lyrics have to do something with love...not sure though...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

The most obvious choice would be Face of Melinda, but if you wanna scare the shit out of your teacher blast them with Deliverance and talk about how it's about a serial killer who drowns their victims.
That's an interpersonal relationship.

not really, because serial killers generally don't have any personal connections to their victims, and that's why they're so hard to catch.

tbyf or melinda, but surely you can come up with better (shock horror) non-opeth songs to get your point across? if you think everyone is going to hate it, why go to such lengths to shove it in their faces unless it is a particularily good example of said interpersonal relationships? there are some good anathema and antimatter songs worth looking into.

Christ...for Opeth it would have to be "To Bid you Farewell"...but if you don't want that then show em' what's all about with Artery Eruption - Jacking Off an Inside out butthole.

'Inner silence' by Anathema from Alternative 4 because it is painfully beautiful