Funniest Opeth Song Moments

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Wow I am flabberghasted that nobody has mentioned the part at 4:30 in In Mist We Was Standing When Mike's voice cracks when he says "Presence". Funny, yet still so awesome.....

Yes this is a good one...Deliverance mentioned this one a while ago and said it sounded like Mike was being raped by a dog...haha funny stuff

Reviving this thread... Haha

I love how in the guitar.com "Dissecting The Drapery Falls" video, Mike keeps turning down the poor interviewer...

"What chord is that?"
"I don't know what chord is that, I use it all the time."

"Can you play us a Jam?"
"Nah, our sounds don't allow us to jam."

The part where he plays a chord and then say "A lot of people say: THAT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT, and it does" made me laugh a lot too!

Lakestream said:
there's a place in BWP where Mikael uses the word "frolic"...that alwasy cracks me up, since it's also a brand of dog-food :)

sry.. this is off topic, but I was wondering if you could translate the comic in your sig into english.. It looks like it could be funny..

"Devil cracked the earthly shell
Foretold she was the one
Blew hope into the room and said:
"You have to live before you die young"

i laugh out loud every time i hear this in GOP, its just hilariously stupid sounding, love the rest of the song though

OpethNZ said:
"Devil cracked the earthly shell
Foretold she was the one
Blew hope into the room and said:
"You have to live before you die young"

i laugh out loud every time i hear this in GOP, its just hilariously stupid sounding, love the rest of the song though
i like that part, i always thought it was pretty badass lol

Mr. Josey Wales said:
the beginning of beneath the mire kinda sounds like britney spear;s toxic, or just kind of liek a pop riff in general

LMFAO

listen to In Mist she was standing around 8mins20.. UHH RAAHH AHHHRHAHRAHRAHHH, cracks me up every time
oh yeah and:
''i have lost all trust I had in jews'' - to rid the disease

ps, where is the liquid cow bit in funeral portrait? ive never heard it before :\

daz436 said:
LMFAO

listen to In Mist she was standing around 8mins20.. UHH RAAHH AHHHRHAHRAHRAHHH, cracks me up every time

What the hell is this? That part makes me headbang like a lunatic every time. No matter of laughter at all.
Hey moderators wake up, there's blasphemy going on here.