Funniest Opeth Song Moments

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
Maybe this topic hasn't been covered.

Is there any part of an Opeth song that made you laugh?

Here is mine.

When I was first listened to The Drapery Falls, on the part where Mike growls,

"You turn your back and you walk away never again."

I thought the "never again" sounded like he was saying, "booger."

I got a laugh out of that.

oh, and that "like a bird of prey, over the crest" also makes me laugh :)

the reason I find it funny is because the first time I heard that song I thought he sang "like a butterfly, over the crest".....and that always comes back to me when I hear that part :lol:

There is a part in "The Moor" when Mikael sings "I was foul and tainted.... Wearing my death-mask at birth"
And it sounds so founny when he gets to the part of "death mask at birth"... so it makes me laugh... :D

Never again. :D That is sort of funny. I thought the fast rappy part in 'Forest..' that goes "I fall alone while leaves fall from the weeping trees." and then the ahhhHHH!! was always funny sounding. I know there are other parts. I've got CRS though.

:dopey:

(Can't Remember Shit)

"My tears are forever.. rrraaaagggghh!"

I like it.. but I can see how it could be construed as funny.

Also.. "It is cold in here." from BRI. That line's somewhat more conversational than most of his other lyrics.

It's all a part of that magic that makes Opeth the most fantastic band, really. Every little "twang" of the bass string, every ghostly "cough" makes it all the more unique and worthy of our praise, in my books!! :D

When he says "Melinda is the reason why I've come"... Kind of suggestive in a stupid sort of way. hehe

I like when there that crazy breakdown part in Drapery Falls, and you can tell that no one has any idea what time they're supposed to be in. Mike himself even said that they just went for it, and let it stay all chaotic sounding.

In Nectar when he sings "I will always looove you," hysterical. I mean, he's going with the death grunts, and it just makes me laugh whenever I play it.

Well ... these aren't funny about the song(s) but rather about the way I've misinterpreted a couple things thats amusing. When I first heard Orchid it was from tape (the cd took months to get hold of). By that time, I already knew the songs inside out from the tape, and no lyrics to read. I guess I had gotten some of the words wrong. One part sticks out and I still sorta hear it wrong now... because I KNEW it ya know!! (hehe) Instead of him whispering "Seven Milestones" in the beginning.. I could have SWORN he says "Telling My Own Stories". I mean it, it really sounds like it! It's funny because I was high at the time my genius-self figured this out. It had stumped me for the longest time wtf he was saying:mad: ... then finally BAM it HIT ME!! or so I thought. :lol: I almost fainted when I finally got the insert and saw it says Seven Milestones??? How could that be?? Did my red eyes deceive me??:eek: heheh. I still sing it wrong now, its etched in my head. :D

Another one from BWP (it's not funny..it's killer, but..) when he screams (and the way he screams it
newtonguesmile.gif
mushy.gif
) when he says "my mind is SET". ( the way he screams "set".. but before I had the lyrics I sworn he said "my mind is SIN"! (I loved it that way too). Thats not funny itself.. but I remember letting Mikael know that was my favorite line one time! (hehe.. he musta gotta laugh knowing I wasn't even right). :eek:

I have several :) :

Firstly, in Face of Melinda when he sings `Melinda, reflected in shafts'
Hehe!

Then on Under the Weeping Moon, he sings `I laugh' but it's like he doesn't pronounce the `l' in laugh properly and it sounds like `I WAFF!' raaaaaaa :)

Also, on Apostle In Triumph at the end. Mikael absolutely rapes the word `falling'
`As da rain keeps forrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeoooooooooahhhhhhh'

:)

I like when there that crazy breakdown part in Drapery Falls, and you can tell that no one has any idea what time they're supposed to be in. Mike himself even said that they just went for it, and let it stay all chaotic sounding.

Ha ha... That bit is funny as hell...
And the "Wearing my death mask at BIRTH" in SPD.... how damn funny does he say Birth? It's more like Berrrrth

I always laugh in the part of Black Rose Immortal where Mike says "you are in forest unknown." I am not really a fan of that particular lyric, and the way his voice shifts on the word "forest," haha, I have no idea why I find it funny...but I do. Oh boy, I do.