Funniest Opeth Song Moments

The Greys said:
What would they care if I was gay, no one should no...

hhoommooo
I always thought that he was saying the same thing except instead of "what would they care if I was gay" I thought he was saying "What would they care if I was straight, no one should know homo"

I always thought that the drumming part before the first Forest of October solo was a bit funny.

Sadpoet said:
I can't believe no one mentioned the part in "Beneath the Mire" (5:52) where Mikeal sings "In his shadow, I am choking yet flourishing". It sounds like "In his shadow I am choking a virgin..." LOL

:eek:
Here too; I thought it fit for a while too...

The Leper Affinity start always scared me at first. It starts all quiet and then louds up, that. Perhaps, most probably, that's only funny to me :tickled:

Hello, I'm new by the way. Long time lurker that decided to start posting :wave:

i cant believ nobody notices this, or hears it, but towards the end of windowpane he says " There's no response or action returned " but i heard... "There's no response erection returned" it was hilarious the first few times i heard that.

badgers0uv.jpg

Hot damn, I AM the best. ^_^

PhlegethonVeins said:
Alot of the things people mentioned here where Mikael uses his death vocals I really dont understand. I can make out the words just fine...

Sometimes I think people are looking for lyrics to mis-hear, which makes it less funny, but there are a few where I have genuinely thought it sounds like he's saying something else, e.g. 'a liquid cow...' or 'might be in need of Tolkein'

i was 100% certain that the line from baying of the hounds was 'Everyone you loved is a dead bird' until i looked the lyrics up myself. Needless to say i was dissapointed :(

The only thing as I recall that ever made me laugh in a Opeth song, is that part in Master's Apprentices where he does the "retard laugh growl" that sort of soundsl ike a Duh-ha!

Other than that, I always turn the sound down when mike's singing that part in Harlequin forest cause it sounds like he says "roots are sucking semen from my source" and also the growls are soo out of place in that song its almost funny. :-o