Funniest Opeth Song Moments

winters epilogue said:
I always laugh in the part of Black Rose Immortal where Mike says "you are in forest unknown." I am not really a fan of that particular lyric, and the way his voice shifts on the word "forest," haha, I have no idea why I find it funny...but I do. Oh boy, I do.

That was the part Dan Swanö wrote the melody for :D And as I said in another thread, I always thought that exact part sucked.

Therefore:
Mikael > Dan (well, I think that anyway.)

Talking about Mike's pronounciation, has anyone else notice how he says "karma" at the end of Credence? It's more like "carra" or something.

LOL at the deadly badgers :D

edit: haha, I just remembered how I used to hear "There goes the accordion" just after the "deadly badgers" part :D

30 seconds into when, it`s really quiet and then all hell breaks loose in like0,0000001 seconds every friggin time it gives me a start...even when i`m waiting for it.

When im like 90 years old I`m gonna get me the worst kick ass system there is, krank it all the way up, put mayh in the tray, skip to when, smile...and wait for Opeth to give me a right good sending off...post mortem: opeth triggered heart attack ! hehehe

well something real funny happened once, i was listening to Ending Credits and playing along with my guitar, and all of a sudden my grandma shows up and says ''it was about godamn time for you to start listening to some good music instead of that horrendous screams and noises you're always into'', and i said back to her ''so you like this band huh, check this out then'' and pushed play to Bleak, the part when mike starts to sing, and she freaked!

that was so fun!!!

:tickled:

This one part in The Grand Conjuration video, when they show Gene Hoglan playing, and he's looking up a little bit, hearing the sound of the double bass (sort of clicky) and watching him bob his head up and down like that just makes me laugh. Other than that moment, the rest of the song and the rest of the shots of Gene are fucking awesome. He's a great drummer, worthy to fill in for Lopez :)

Brooks said:
Yeah, actually. Me and my friend Vic crack the fuck up whenever we hear...

"They are...... the treeeees"

Ahahaha, makes me laugh just thinking about it. Mike sounding all emotional singing about the trees :p

lmao tru tru... trees are very sad indeed.. i laugh at that part too.. abhahah

Brooks said:
Yeah, actually. Me and my friend Vic crack the fuck up whenever we hear...

"They are...... the treeeees"

Ahahaha, makes me laugh just thinking about it. Mike sounding all emotional singing about the trees :p
That part of HF is my least favorite part of any Opeth song ever.

My funny moment...the weird bass riff in the middle of The Twilight is my Robe...it sounds so funky and out of place for an Opeth record.

And yeah, there are some funny growl parts, like on SPD when he growls the chorus the second time higher pitched....it just sounds funny to me.

Whenever I hear "In sadness I lumber" from To Bid You Farewell, all I can think of is:
lumber.jpg

hahahahaha! Now I'll never be able to listen to one of my favourite songs again... :tickled:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the part of "Forest of October" where it sounds like he says "my blaze travel the last universe like the size of my dick" instead of "my blaze travel the last universe like the sights of magic".

Someone pointed that out ages ago and now I unfortunately hear it a lot of times when I listen to that song. :erk:

I love the part in Blackwater Park when the riff comes in and he just goes "OOOHH", it sounds so good but it's also funny in the way that he says it, like he got punched in the stomach or something, heh

Mike does that a lot.

Dan Swano does it a lot in older edge of sanity.

I shouldn't have read this thread in the first place. Can't listen to "is the reason why I come'' normally anymore =\