Chris... your new custom... Pics NOW! :)

Seedawakener

aka Ophidian
May 17, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
woah, havent been on here for ages. I used to hang out on the steve smyth board a while ago, maybe someone from there hangs here too?

Anyway, There must be a thread about it but I cant find it! Your new RGA7 LACS! Someone posted a pic of it over at www.sevenstring.org and I must say Im stunned... That is the hottest Ibanez I have ever seen... Do you have any spcs or pics that we fellow sevenstringers can feast on?

BTW, I saw you in gothenburg SWE with nevermore last fall. I had the opportunity to stand right in front of you while you played, like 20 centimeters from the neck of your guitar. I will never forget that concert, everything was just so intense and tight! :)

Hahaha, yeah I saw the Thread at Sevenstring.org also, they are going nuts over there with the the new Guitar that Chris got, It is indeed an awsome guitar but the picture doesn't do it any justice, it looks way better in person :loco: I'm starting to like Ibanez now hahaha, cheers on the new Guitar Chris, I know you are having fun with it.

I saw that over on the SS.org forum too
and I'm going nuts over it that thing is smoking! :headbang:
Congrats, well deserved! :worship: :worship:

Thanks Guys,

I wish Ibanez would open up a custom shop section so anyone could build there exact guitar.

Take care, Chris.
P.S I will make sure to post more pics here.

why post some pics, when you can post a shred, or two hand tapping clips????

why post some pics, when you can post a shred, or two hand tapping clips????
you are smart! :) Chris, would you do this for us? If you dont have the time I understand but isnt it a statisfying feeling to upload a vid that everyone will drool over for years and years? haha, its true tho.

chrisIban2.jpg

Hey Steve,

I don't like it to much actually ( a lot of people told me I would). It has to much distortion and not enough note definition and I didn't like the overall tone.

Chris.

Cool thanks for the response. I have the 6 string version and dont like it at all.Not very clear sounding and is too loud. I hate the overall tone as well. I tried so hard to actually like it but its just not happening. Im just gonna go back to the duncan jb or maybe try me a duncan sh-5.

Cool thanks for the response. I have the 6 string version and dont like it at all.Not very clear sounding and is too loud. I hate the overall tone as well. I tried so hard to actually like it but its just not happening. Im just gonna go back to the duncan jb or maybe try me a duncan sh-5.

If you go with a duncan I recomend the sh-5 but the JB is a good standard. I am having Tim at Bareknuckle pickups send me a Mule with an Anico V magnet for the neck and a Cold sweat for the brige to solve my Dimarzio blues. The worst thing is, I couldn't get over is how cheap the components in Dimarzio's are (not that it would keep me from using them if I dug the tone), the base plates for all 7 string models are made of a circuit board type material instead of metal (and that effects tone).

Chris.

If you go with a duncan I recomend the sh-5 but the JB is a good standard. I am having Tim at Bareknuckle pickups send me a Mule with an Anico V magnet for the neck and a Cold sweat for the brige to solve my Dimarzio blues. The worst thing is, I couldn't get over is how cheap the components in Dimarzio's are (not that it would keep me from using them if I dug the tone), the base plates for all 7 string models are made of a circuit board type material instead of metal (and that effects tone).

Chris.

Thanks for the advise. Assuming that you've tried the JB. Do you know the differences between it and the SH-5?. I've been dying to get the SH-5, but can never find anyone that actually has em in stock. im impatiant so i get whats there haha. I figured there was something that Dimarzio did that was slightly cheaper than the other top brand pickups. They are actually a bit cheaper than Duncans. I dont wanna give up on em though.I guess the EVO was a bad place for me to start haha.WIsh i could get me some Bareknuckles...just too expensive for my blood right now