Now this is how to be trve kvlt black metal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to find Burzum corny...

edit: I have also out grown listening to strictly metuwl, but have found that black metal is the most enduring in my tastes. As long as something is genuine in what it's trying to do, even if the artists themselves denounce it somewhere down the line, than its good. Sure, plenty of artists fail at making something "real" in the said genre, but I believe there are culprits of this within any genre of music. You just need to separate those who are convinced of what their doing from those who simply make music for the sake of it.

This thread is ass.

At least it's better than that lol metal is gay thing you posted then bitched out and deleted what the post said after a couple minutes.

I have yet to find Burzum corny...

edit: I have also out grown listening to strictly metuwl, but have found that black metal is the most enduring in my tastes. As long as something is genuine in what it's trying to do, even if the artists themselves denounce it somewhere down the line, than its good. Sure, plenty of artists fail at making something "real" in the said genre, but I believe there are culprits of this within any genre of music. You just need to separate those who are convinced of what their doing from those who simply make music for the sake of it.

Ive said like 10 times that I like black metal. Burzum is my favorite band. I also love Darkthrone, Wolves, Summoning, early Enslaved, etc.

The 2nd wave was comprised of great musicians, they were just very immature in a lot of ways. I personally have met 2 famous 2nd wavers, Euronymous and Faust I met at Helvete back in like 91, and at that time I was a dumbass just like them. i thought Euronymous was so cool. Faust was cool, I still think so. But Euronymous was just a short, fat prick.

No one is trve enough anymore.
Here are the 5 main rules for aspiring black metal bands:
1.) Have a logo that is completely impossible to decipher.
2.) Claim to be Norse Pagan while mentioning Satan at least 200 times in every song.
3.) Every album cover must contain only the colors black and white.
4.) Make crazy statements about hating Christians/Jews and all other races and then apologize and recant said statements when your label tells you to.(Darkthrone is king of this)
5.) At every live show use intense Satanic imagery and pretend that doesn't completely contradict your Pagan beliefs.

Now the 5 rules for trve fans:
1.) If someone asks you what black metal is make sure that your explanation only confuses them more.
2.) Own every Darkthrone album; listen to none of them.
3.) Wear shirts from bands you have never even heard of.
4.) Hold extreme political views. These views dont need to be intelligent and can contradict, they just have to be extreme.
5.) Go to bed when your mom tells you, you cant hail Satan with your friends if you get grounded.

Please go back to where you belong and vanish. Quickly.

Ive said like 10 times that I like black metal. Burzum is my favorite band. I also love Darkthrone, Wolves, Summoning, early Enslaved, etc.

The 2nd wave was comprised of great musicians, they were just very immature in a lot of ways. I personally have met 2 famous 2nd wavers, Euronymous and Faust I met at Helvete back in like 91, and at that time I was a dumbass just like them. i thought Euronymous was so cool. Faust was cool, I still think so. But Euronymous was just a short, fat prick.

Yea, you contradict yourself more than an insecure pre-teen girl

I doubt he was even alive in 1991.

Well, I am 36 years old now so you do the math.
And how have I contradicted myself?
I like some black metal music.
The extra stuff that came with it(Satanism, church burning, nihilism) was just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.