Dimmu Borgir, black metal & "Tr00-Kvlt" BM fans

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
Whats wrong with Jazz? Go stick John Coltrane's sax up your ass Newb

peoples on this forum love calling each other newb..... does it make you feel superior? you're still a fucking freak posting on a hopeless messageboard like me, so don't try to act superior.

PS: i never said jazz sucked, so get off your horse.

jazz sucks, Dimmu sucks, every poster who first registered after 2003 sucks, shut the fucking Christ up and listen to The Chasm you god damn jiggaturds

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
Your right, how's about Shorters? The only thing I like by him is Footprints

ummm shorter did some awesome stuff when we was in miles davis's 2nd quintet and fusion bands man

The Timebird said:
jazz sucks, Dimmu sucks, every poster who first registered after 2003 sucks, shut the fucking Christ up and listen to The Chasm you god damn jiggaturds

what if jazz was called havohej and there was a 10,000 word essay about it by a failed graduate stduent on anus dot com then what

No, I was trolling because he's actually a long-time member that was banned 15 times and reregistered as many times. But now you ruined the whole thing.

Cynical said:
Arioch is reforming Funeral Mist with Marduk members. Do you think it's going to be any good at all? Not unless you're brick stupid.

Decent black metal releases of the 2000s:
Watain- Rabid Death's Curse
Watain- Casus Luciferi
Funeral Mist- Salvation
Antaeus- Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan
Averse Sefira- Battle's Clarion
Averse Sefira- Tetragrammatical Astygmata
Graveland- The Dawn of Iron Blades
Krieg- Destruction Ritual
Krieg- Sono Lo Scherno

Yes, that's a complete list.

dude doesnt prozak not like casus luciferi you might wanna modify that

VampyrRose said:
There's nothing more idiotic and shameful than those “uber-tr00-kvlt” die hard black metal fans (for lack of a better name that describes them so fittingly). Yes, I consider myself to be a avid fan of black metal and very knowledgeable on the subject but I certainly don’t pride myself in stupidity by constantly telling people what is and is not black metal...that is with the following exception in which I am supporting my argument that they are subject to their own hypocritical views and contradictory criticisms.

Its well know that Dimmu Borgir started off as a black metal band and progressively, they adapted more of an “extreme metal” sound. However, that is not to say they aren't black metal. Like almost all of the "elite" BM bands, they have undergone a change in sound, one that would not qualify as true black metal. Emperor did almost the same thing. "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" did have good sound production and featured more of an "extreme metal" sound that the band would later embrace as apposed to a straight black metal sound. Yes they did make a music video for "The Loss and Curse of Reverence.” - However, because of Dimmu's increasing popularity, commercial appeal and evolving sound, tr00-kvlt-only BM fans have shunned Dimmu Borgir and chosen to disregard them as a black metal band.Thus, why should Emperor still be considered black metal if only their debut album offers a true sound, and if their latter style was not as true much like that of Dimmu Borgir?

Now I like Immortal and am not here to piss on them in any way - I am simply making a point. Immortal are considered to be true black metal by many. Why? They have never ever worn "corpse paint", rather it has always been "Demon War Paint" according to Abbath. Their image has often encompassed more of a wrestler approach than a than that of a traditional black metal band. Their lyrical themes are not the same ones commonly found amongst other true black metal bands. For example, they do not write about Pagan beliefs, Anti-Christian or even nature...instead they write about their own winter-fantasy-world, certainly not nature. The latter years of Immortal's existence gave way to a more "thrashier" sound. You could argue that they, like many elite BM bands changed direction and were once true black metal....However, Fenriz has said in interviews that drums are not an integral part of true black metal, instead they are just "supposed to be there." Fenriz. This is not the case with Immortal's "Battles in the North" album, not to mention they made two music videos for that album - yes, music videos. Therefore, one would be lead to believe that Immortal is not true black metal according to the accepted "rules" of black metal 101. Yet they are one of the pioneers of black metal and remain one of the few names accepted in the tr00 black metal ranks. I don’t dispute this but you can see what I am getting at.

Truth be told, there are no rules to black metal despite popular belief of ignorant diehard BM fans. Bands that follow these "unwritten" guidelines and claim to be "tr00" are simply posers and don't seem to realize the underlying message of "be yourself"found commonly amongst the “black metal elite“. Its one thing to criticize bands like Darkthrone for not playing into their roots (sorry if they've decided to be themselves rather than cater to a bunch of idiotic fans) but coming from young know-it-all fans? Where were those fans 15 years ago? And most importantly, what gives them the right to tell the few (who only experienced the birth of black metal, defined the genre and took it to great new lengths) what is and is not black metal? Fuck that. True black metal died 10 years ago. Black Metal has changed, evolved and been re-written over the past decade. Get over it.

For these reasons it is most appropriate to eliminate such lame usage of the terms “true/tr00” & “kvlt” black metal. Why not just accept the fact that there are different waves of black metal. The wave that gave black metal is foundation, the second wave that defined the genre, and the new wave that is of today.

This is simply my opinion, but feel free to agree or disagree.
I hate sellout posers. Please don't compare Emperor to DummyBurger.

VadimVon said:
I hate sellout posers. Please don't compare Emperor to DummyBurger.

"Sellout posers?" Sorry if Dimmu Borgir has chosen to take their own direction and play music that they want to play. I guess that doesn't make them individuals? And I suppose Dimmu Borgir should just listen to everyone and limit their capabilites by playing old-school black metal. They should completely change their sound to one that would best please you? I suppose that wouldn't be selling out, not if it meant keeping a bunch of narrowminded critics happy, would it? ...Idiot.

You make it sound like Dimmu Borgir took some sort of bold creative step in repackaging "black metal" as a populist form of 80s metal, which is total bullshit. They couldn't have possibly taken a less adventurous route. It was moneygrubbing of the purest sort.

Women need to be seen, not heard.

Cynical said:
Arioch is reforming Funeral Mist with Marduk members. Do you think it's going to be any good at all? Not unless you're brick stupid.

don't judge a book by it's cover...

I love how people critize band that has evolves, has charismatic sound and skillful musicians.
DB is not BM, DB is more than BM. Musically/Mentally.
Wake up, it´s 2006 not 1986.

BM is far from dead people all over the world are waking up in the mournings to the sound of Burzum and Mayhem it is becoming mainstream not fully mainstream but even shops like HMV have Burzum Mayhem Immortal Dimmu CDs, 10 years ago you had to go to a special dealer or underground record store to buy this type of music.
The Same senario has happened with CoB I no there arn't many fans on this board but Follow the Reaper was an amazing album for the DM scene and as soon as they sold lots of records "Fans" said they hated them because they were mainstream. I can partly agree with this since Are you dead yet? is shit. But generally it doesnt matter if you listen to BM bands that aren't Tr00 BM its all personal taste.

And for the record Dead was an Amazing volcalist someone to be remembered as BM Legend.

even shops like HMV have Burzum Mayhem Immortal Dimmu CDs, 10 years ago you had to go to a special dealer or underground record store to buy this type of music.
this is precisely WHY black metal IS dead