Dimmu Borgir, black metal & "Tr00-Kvlt" BM fans

It is Dead to the old fans and as underground music but not as a genre as some people were implying, as a genre it is becoming increasingly popular.

I agree, many of the bands that have released so called BM albums over the past few years havn't been up to the standard that used to be required. standards of BM are slipping but as I sed bands like Burzum Mayhem Immortal are still selling albums in higstreet chains which shows you there must be an opening for ,sorry to use this word "Tr00" BM.

There is still BM that has wonderful originality out there, and yes it is becoming increasingly popular, but that is due to the easy access to music that has become prevalent in an internet based society.

People probably care about dead because Maniac is average nor unique. The replacements for the band are gay(literally).

Astral_Mindform said:
There is still BM that has wonderful originality out there.
Really? Can you name some groundbreaking examples?

Astral_Mindform said:
and yes it is becoming increasingly popular, but that is due to the easy access to music that has become prevalent in an internet based society.
BM wasn´t ment this way.

Fredy if you can't find anything new, it's not our problems, there's about 10, 000 metal bands out there, i can't believe you have listen to all of them...... and think they all sound the same.

KevenZ said:
Fredy if you can't find anything new, it's not our problems, there's about 10, 000 metal bands out there, i can't believe you have listen to all of them...... and think they all sound the same.
Enlighten me then.

Fredy_Brown said:
I love how people critize band that has evolves, has charismatic sound and skillful musicians.
DB is not BM, DB is more than BM. Musically/Mentally.
Wake up, it´s 2006 not 1986.

Oh, really?

Fredy_Brown said:
I got the single, finally.
Hilarious retro black with punk nad rock 'n' roll elements...I know they are tr00 and shit (and they are the only kvlted BM that I respect in nowadays) so stay tr00 and make albums like from 1990, dull die hard fans will devour them.

If they would release another BM clone, I would be satisfied, but this sounds even worse.

There is still some good black metal out there today, but it is nowhere as good as it once was. The current scene is flooded with garbage and bands proving absolutely nothing except how much they can rip off from their predecessors, while limiting their own potential.

As for Metal-Archives, a lot of the bands that are submitted, are done so that the person submitting the bands can gain points. There are so many useless additions that a site like that could go with out. Hell, I've even seen groups consisting of young teens dressed in full corpse-paint and fake armour. I remember one project which consisted of a young Jap no older than 15.

VampyrRose said:
There is still some good black metal out there today, but it is nowhere as good as it once was. The current scene is flooded with garbage and bands proving absolutely nothing except how much they can rip off from their predecessors, while limiting their own potential.

As for Metal-Archives, a lot of the bands that are submitted, are done so that the person submitting the bands can gain points. There are so many useless additions that a site like that could go with out. Hell, I've even seen groups consisting of young teens dressed in full corpse-paint and fake armour. I remember one project which consisted of a young Jap no older than 15.
What's wrong with young bands? Everyone has dreams.

VampyrRose said:

you forgot submissions of bands who released one demo then disappeared

So, what you're really saying Freddy is that the "scene" isn't as exciting as it was during its inception: that is hardly surprising to anyone who has been into metal for more than a few years. That doesn't mean to say that just because you have become jaded with the style, that the music is any less vaid than it was, say, 15 years ago.

I get tired of this argument when used by the hacks in print magazines like Terrorizer; maybe you burned yourself out on metal, but many people continue to enjoy bands that plow a similar furrow to their forebears. You may have some attention defecit syndrome, or maybe your musical tastes have changed: either way, that's fine, but don't mistake that for the genre being dead or lacking in good music. That's you becoming bored. Simple solution?

Move on, and stop whining about it.

The standards of the entire metal genre are slipping not only in BM.
Metal bands don't make music like they used to they make it for an audience not for themselves which used to be the case, sure years ago the bands had a tiny thought in the back of their minds will the public like this album, not to the same extent bands do today they dont give a shit if they put out a usless album just aslong as there pulling in the cash by doing world tours in the biggest stadiums and selling an amazing amount of albums things have become to "nu metal" in the metal scene thats why words like "Tr00" and "Kvlt" exist. Now people realise the path metal is going down some bands will revisit the roots of metal and produce an interesting listen I at least hope because the metal scene in general is in need of some dire help.

getchapull said:
The standards of the entire metal genre are slipping not only in BM.
Metal bands don't make music like they used to they make it for an audience not for themselves which used to be the case, sure years ago the bands had a tiny thought in the back of their minds will the public like this album, not to the same extent bands do today they dont give a shit if they put out a usless album just aslong as there pulling in the cash by doing world tours in the biggest stadiums and selling an amazing amount of albums things have become to "nu metal" in the metal scene thats why words like "Tr00" and "Kvlt" exist. Now people realise the path metal is going down some bands will revisit the roots of metal and produce an interesting listen I at least hope because the metal scene in general is in need of some dire help.

I admire the sentiment, but this argument is bollocks. There has always been a difference between the underground and the mainstream: don't forget that Thrash bands, only a handfull of which became famous, were about at the same time that the hair bands were in existence. Words like "Tr00" and "Kvlt" are about because there are some adolescents with broadband/ADSL and P2P networks and no friends.

Fredy_Brown said:
Really? Can you name some groundbreaking examples?

The smugness here is misplaced. Until you demonstrate that the bands YOU are pimping have a legitimate claim to originality, maybe you should shut the fuck up. We've already demonstrated that Ulver is derivative, unimaginative crap. What else you got?