Chroma Key, OSI, Kevin Moore

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Who else loves this band? It is simply amazing! I can't stop listening to Dead Air for Radios.

You can really see where OSI's driving force comes from (it's like CK with guitar). I haven't been able to stop listening to OSI either since it came out.

Kevin Moore is awesome. From DT's I&W (and Awake) to CK to OSI. All hail KM!

:worship:

Kevin Moore is indeed the man
Chroma Key kicks ass man I love them,
I always liked the Kevin Moore DT years so much moore.
His playing was so melodic and less mindless speed wank. :headbang:

OdinsCourt said:
Who else loves this band? It is simply amazing! I can't stop listening to Dead Air for Radios.

You can really see where OSI's driving force comes from (it's like CK with guitar). I haven't been able to stop listening to OSI either since it came out.

Kevin Moore is awesome. From DT's I&W (and Awake) to CK to OSI. All hail KM!

:worship:

I know what you mean. I recently pulled out You Go Now, and haven't been able to get enough of it. Anyone know how Graveyard Mountain Home stacks up to Moore's other efforts?

circus_brimstone said:
I know what you mean. I recently pulled out You Go Now, and haven't been able to get enough of it. Anyone know how Graveyard Mountain Home stacks up to Moore's other efforts?

Graveyard Mountain Home is very different from his other two projects. He took an old film entitled "Age 13" and wrote music to go along with the film. It is much more of an intramental release and much more chill. It is very good stuff and still has Kevin Moore's unique stamp upon it, but just don't buy it thinking that it is going to be like this other two releases. Much more conceptual as opposed to unique individual songs.

Being a DT fan, I decided to check out Kevin Moore's side project OSI. I expected a prog metal masterpiece like Awake or other great DT, but it seemed to be a confused mish-mash.

I still think Kevin Moore is an awesome keyboard player, but OSI didn't stack up. I'll have to give it another listen sometime.

Snowy Owl said:
Being a DT fan, I decided to check out Kevin Moore's side project OSI. I expected a prog metal masterpiece like Awake or other great DT, but it seemed to be a confused mish-mash.

I still think Kevin Moore is an awesome keyboard player, but OSI didn't stack up. I'll have to give it another listen sometime.
Don't worry dude, you're not in this alone ;) OSI and ChromaKey are nothing like DT, but are good in their own sort of way. With that said, I have to be in the mood for this type of stuff. To me it falls FAR short of Dream Theater, especially the Kevin Moore days. It can be fairly boring as it meanders on forever at times. So yeah, I do *like* it but I surely don't love it!

That's right...I guess because they started doing longer compositions after Falling Into Infinity almost exclusively.

I definitely am not knocking Kevin Moore. Space Dye Vest is one of my favorite DT ballads. But what about Chroma Key? Haven't heard anything by them yet. Maybe I will give them a try. I am always looking for something new.

Oh really?

You like KevMo's stuff? The OSI and the Chroma Key and all?

Who uh...

Where'd...

Where'd you hear about all that?

biaxident0 said:
Oh really?

You like KevMo's stuff? The OSI and the Chroma Key and all?

Who uh...

Where'd...

Where'd you hear about all that?
Where did I hear about it? Well, I've been a regular on DT.net for years, so when OSI came out I heard about it there and got it right away.

Chroma Key I heard of years ago back when KM left DT. Though I didn't check them out and actually listen until around a year ago. :(