Chuck Shuldiner Day

Nah, don't open that can of worms; it's not worth it. Every year it's the same thing:some newborn "nihilist" chimes in and barks: Chuck Schuldiner was a fag and so are all of his fans. Mock the false idols, promote the true heroes,and all that condescending tripe.
If you must know, it's personal bias against the band. The opinion that Death had never produced anything above average and were always ripping off bands with actual artistic vision and talent. Coupled with the fact that a lot of die-hard Death fans appear to be overly obsessive with Chuck worship and tend to be too damn easy to offend, which is pitiful really.:lol:

You shouldn't really be bothered by the site's "controversial" opinions and claims unless you actually find something substantial behind them.

Shit, my bad. What assholes. Definitely get "Individual Thought Patterns" Zeph. "Leprosy" & "Human" are also quite good. You don't stray from Black Metal much, do you?

I do, but I specialize in certain areas of black metal, and it's my favorite genre overall. I enjoy a good amount of death metal and doom metal, and I'm soon to explore some more 80's thrash such as Kreator and Sodom, perhaps.

Kreator and Sodom

I'm going to start digging into them both very VERY soon as well. I have an interest in getting those old thrash standards before about anything else right now. I'm already working on Massacra & Dark Angel. I only have "Mental Vortex" from Coroner as well & I hope to soon remedy that.

Sorry for sorta getting off topic op.

I do, but I specialize in certain areas of black metal, and it's my favorite genre overall. I enjoy a good amount of death metal and doom metal, and I'm soon to explore some more 80's thrash such as Kreator and Sodom, perhaps.
Check out Testament also if you haven't.

Death is awesome, but I still need to get the Scream Bloody Gore album and Leprosy.

Crystal Mountain is like, one of my 10 ten songs ever.

I think I'll listen to IDT on my long drive home from work. "Spiritual Healing" is an album from them I never listened to a whole lot & I really need to give that one more of a chance.

I started this thread so people would have time to prepare for Chuck day.

...and because on the 13th I'll be heavily under the infulence of SOMETHING.