Chuggs? What's up with those fuckin things..help needed!

what i have learned is this, the mids gotta give if you want more of a pronouced chug, not all the way...but almost. also it seems that two mics, one dynamic and one condenser working in tandem is a must to really capture whats going on. raising the gain can help too if it is too rigid.

Just a noob here, so...sorry if this advice is dumb. But when I heard that clip, I thought immediately of the tone I used to have, before I a) cranked my amp to earplug-needing volume and b) stuck my resonance on 9.

The tone I'm rolling with now is a 6505+ combo, green channel, generic djent-ish settings (high mids and treble), and presence and resonance both on 9. But the big deal I've found with that tone is the 9 resonance. Cranking the resonance allows a massive thump to come through on chugs, and in the room, it actually doesn't sound that great. But recorded, with hp and some multi-band comp, it results in a tight yet powerful beast of a chug. So maybe try recording with some more lows, maybe even in excess, but then control them really well.

That's what I've found to work for me, anyway. I hope something here helped.

You still haven't said what your tone chain is. If you are using a pod or direct in amp sim instead of moving some air, then that is about all you can hope for. Good sounding chugs come from cabinet distortion, not from cranking the gain knob on a software sim. Also try not to use midband EQ's on a distorted guitar part, it never sounds right. Try and only use HP/LP for rhythm guitar parts. Leads is a little different for me, but rhythms are bare in post.