Chunk! No Captain, Chunk!

haha ive been listening to this album since it came out. it's super fun. i asked who mixed it and they said the singer did all that stuff. i've heard worse tones.

have you guys heard of 'Can't bear this party'? they are another french band that does the easycore thing, with less sturgis-ness

(not trying to offend any younger guys on the forum and if I do I am sorry)

While I understand Goonies will forever be a timeless movie to me, does any body understand the youth of today taking trendy things from a period they weren't even alive in making it cool? I can go line for line on this movie because I wore out the VHS back in the 80's when it actually was new and I guess that's why I see it as being nostalgic to me. Looking at the picture of these guys, there looks to be like maybe 1 dude in the band that might have been born prior to 1992. I guess it's almost offensive to me because they are more or less poaching 80's kids nostalgia to gain fans. Maybe it's genius but it pisses me off additionally because they sound like a barrel of assholes and not Testament!

those guys are like 24 hahaha

24haha.jpg

Doesn't change the fact that they sound like the bastard child of the Jonas Brothers and Meshuggah being raped in the ass.

Well I guess I'll only talk to Ryan or Jeff if I'm doing anything that Pop-Punk...

:)

I dig the shit out of pop-rock kinda stuff.. and I like the idea of doing it in A# Tuning... I just hate the f'n band name...

-P

i have found guitarguru likes to believe something and really push on his beliefs.. classifying all that go against it as wrong and being offensive towards them, making assumptions and what not.

yeah, im sticking with reaper

I dunno man, guitarguru makes a point, because as we all know, not a single metal band in the history of the genre has ever been taken seriously while adhering to a more mainstream portion of the genre.

/sarcasm

I just listened to one of their songs on youtube (no myspace at work). I think the guitar tone sounds pretty good.

There is to many styles mashed up together for me. The heavey guitars mixed with the pop punk vocals and the random electronic fills doesn't mesh well. I think they would be better off dropping at least one of these three components and focusing all their energy into doing one thing.

I don't know why these guys get some of you so up in arms. Different strokes, different folks. It's not like these guys are going to sneak into my house and destroy my Nevermore cd's.

Not going to lie, Ryan showed me this band a couple weeks ago and I cant stop listening to them and I dont even like pop-punk, easy-core, ect ect

I think the guitar tone fits the band and style, actually, I think everything fits the band.
like it or not.

Colored Metal?

Here in Brazil we have this kind of SHI* too :confused:
Not many have this metal tone, BUT
autotune up!

Exemple:

This one is Produced by SONY MUSIC

or

Last edited by a moderator:
guitarguru777-JeffTD said:

please man, I can only clean so many post until it's way easier to just delete an entire thread.
please stop the personal assaults on Jeff/Guru...well, at least in threads that aren't about this.
contact each other via PM or something

I gotta say. I actually like this band.

but I grew up listening to New Found Glory.
it just reminds me of them with a bit of metal thrown in.

I dig it.
the production is a bit weird. but I'm okay with it.
it can definitely be improved upon however.