Church of Australian Metal

disentomb-the-decaying-light.jpg

...?

Are you listening to two albums at the same time, or just randomly posting album cover art in this thread?
Seeing as there is no possible answer you would accept...

I'll just let you decide.

:thumbsup:

Whether all, or any, of these fully meet everyone's idea of 'Australian Metal' I don't care, here's my Aussie top 10 for 2019

1. Airbourne – Boneshaker
2. Mammoth Mammoth – Kreuzung
3. Massive – Rebuild – Destroy
4. Dead Kelly – Such Is Life
5. Envenomed – The Walking Shred
6. Largerstien – 25 – 7
7. King Gizzard – Infest The Rat’s Nest
8. Lord – Fallen Idols
9. King Gizzard – Fishing For Fishes
10. Virgin Soldiers Live 2019

Reactions: CiG
I didn't like Gizzard's thrash album when I first head it but when I listened to it straight after listening to Fishing For Fishes it made more sense to me. It's not traditional thrash it's Gizzard thrash :)

1. Tyrannic - Exterminating Angel EP
2. Calacorm - Calacormic Visions demo
3. Disentomb - The Decaying Light
4. Solemn Ceremony - The Chamber EP
5. Vile Apparition - Depravity Ordained
6. Ploughshare - Tellurian Insurgency EP
7. Bloodlust - Leather, Steel & Hell EP
8. Sorathian Dawn - Sun of the Deep EP
9. Charnel Altar - Charnel Altar demo
10. Carcinoid - Metastatic Declination

HM:

Horrisonous - A Culinary Cacophony
Gypsy - Gypsy
Demonreich - Caput Gerat Lupinum

Somewhat of a lackluster year in Aussie metal for me. I still need to check out the new Ignivomous album Hieroglossia. The new Tyrannic EP is not quite as good as Ethereal Sepulchre from last year unfortunately, but still some great riffs.

Reactions: Slammed
Australia in general has been relatively quiet. There's been quite a few bandcamp releases in multiple genres but none of them have been making that many waves. There is a few Aussie bands with international labels that are getting it to the masses but in general the numbers are low. Wasn't that long ago I read that one of the international labels (might have been Nuclear Blast) were setting up shop in Australia to try and harness some of the local talent but I've heard nothing since.

I suppose in hindsight this year hasn't been that different from last year, though I followed Australian metal releases a lot more closely this year than last. Noteworthy for me that a few bands had top-tier releases from last year and followed them up this year with music not as good (Tyrannic, Solemn Ceremony, Vile Apparition...) but I guess that's not that strange a thing to happen.

Oh well, I'll always have Volatile's dumb arse ockercore to keep me happy until the next good Aussie metal release in 2020.

I made an effort to follow a lot more Aussie stuff this year too.
Bandcamp's been pretty good for finding stuff old and new and there has been quite a few pre 2000's bands popping up in different things this year but I don't think I've found anything earth shattering yet.

Reactions: CiG
I know they aren't to everyone's liking but King Gizzard are doing their bit for their homeland and releasing two live albums for $10 each. Proceeds from the Paris show go to Wildlife Victoria and proceeds from Live in Adelaide got to Animals Australia

Reactions: Sirjack and Sophii