Church of Australian Metal

I love Acca Dacca (Bon's era, couldn't give a fuck about the rest) and Thorpie definitely played a more conventional form of hard rock, but man the way he just roars over the amps with that voice makes everybody else sound like wimps, including Bon or anybody else from the 70's Aussie scene.

Reactions: Sophii and Slammed
There was a reason both Gillian and Ozzy were stunned by his performance when they toured here in '72

Reactions: CiG
Damn, dude has a wicked wail!

Oh ye, here's been my jam lately. Surprises much a brutal/technical death metal band decided not to detune their guitars into deep oblivion to sound brutal

It's only one song from RW but it's not on their album or their bandcamp page and it's out tomorrow.

820887.jpg

I've seen one or two Prog bands talked about. Black Majesty wont have anything for a while since they got rid of heir drummer. I haven't heard of any thrash bands with stuff on the immediate radar. Seems to be more core shit coming out of Australia lately than decent music.

Core and a bunch of shit-tier black metal by the looks of it. Did see this came out though, some death metal played by hardcore guys (I think) so take that as you will:

Haven't checked this out yet but I knew they had something coming out soon, guess it's already out:

For some reason I thought this came out last year so it kind of slipped my mind. Basically Australia's own Summoning-worship band, like Caladan Brood, Gallowbraid, Saor etc:

The new Tzun Tzu EP which is out but I haven't checked out yet:

And the one I have been eagerly waiting to come out (8 days...) the new Internal Rot full length:

Reactions: Slammed
Debut EP from NSW thrash/death band Thrash Bandicoot.
I haven't listened to it all yet but what I have sounds okay.

https://thrashbandicoot.bandcamp.com/releases

Thrashers Hidden Intent who supported Dark Angel last year and toured Europe with Flotsam recently have a new single inspired by Wolf Creek.

New release from Aussie power metal band Ilium. It's their seventh album and this one features Lord Tim from Lord and Dungeon among many other bands. I haven't listened to it yet and $37 for the CD and EP is a bit rich but I'll give it a listen later.

a3856087344_16.jpg

https://iliumaustralia.bandcamp.com/

Damn, I didn't think there was any sound. I was checking everything only to have it start abruptly.
I've never heard of Dyssidia, have they done much?

WTF is dat? New album or just the new single with a different colour?