Church of Australian Metal

Up to "B" in Aussie day/week/month/however long it takes.

R-9688552-1484798554-1306.jpeg.jpg

245225.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Yes, will be interested to see what Children Of The Abyss brings next month. Listening to Silent Company today made me wish I had Jon English on CD, Black Majesty do a pretty mean JE cover.

Also been listening to
Black Steel
Addictive
Alchemist
Allegiance
Armoured Angel

And last night I watched Sons Of Steel again because there is no better movie available than an F grade Aussie horror/futuristic/strange arse movie that most of the world wont have seen.

Found this old school documentary when I was trying to find some music by Insane Hombres.

Never actually checked out the oldest Alchemist demo tapes until now. Really bassy weird thrash with some very primitive vocals, quite cool. This is their first demo from 1987 and you can definitely hear the strangeness.

Alchemist were a different band live. Took me ages to actually get into their recorded stuff but live they always had the crowd moving.

Slaughter Lord were a cool band. Pity they never released anything full length.

I know this plays right into the "hur hur debuts only" meme but Jar of Kingdom was the first album by Alchemist I heard and the one that I still constantly go back to. It was so much more anarchic and crazy and bursting with some weird raw alien energy, you can tell they were just filtering in and spewing out everything they liked musically at the time with little to no care for cohesiveness.

I can't get enough of it.

Reactions: Slammed
I think the best thing Alchemist did (along with Armoured Angel) was start Metal For the Brain. It was the only thing ever worth going to Canberra for.