Circle pits

Davros666

Apr 11, 2006
Fucking pointless. Loads of kids skipping round in a circle. Might as well be dancing round a may pole or Morris dancing. Cunts. What happened to good old fashioned moshing. Bored of seeing bands playing then twirling their finger around to get a circle pit going. Lame circle skipping cunts. End of message.

It died in the mid 90's. I remember seeing different shows like Sacred Reich and M.O.D. and they acted like they were about to leave the stage.

Circle pits seem to be, in my experience, a U.S thing. Does not really happen in the UK and when bands try to get them going the audience seems to have no idea what to do and rightfully so!
Agreed pointless morris dancing

Circle pits seem to be, in my experience, a U.S thing. Does not really happen in the UK and when bands try to get them going the audience seems to have no idea what to do and rightfully so!
Agreed pointless morris dancing

I've seen many circle pits in CZ!
That being said, I'm not really enjoying it and rather agree with this thread's message.

Nothing is worse than fat long haired smelly 80s rockers trying to float. Having to hold up a sweaty fat porker and getting kicked in the head is bullshit.

Ill take the circle put any day over the dudes that crowd surf.

I think circle pits are fun... It's just running around in a circle, yet also pushing people so I'd say it really is moshing just way more running involved. Also if you don't like it just don't go in the pit.. It's not like Hardcore Dancers or something, where they completely fucking ruin the pit and you can't even go in without getting punched/kicked in the face.