Moshing Vs. Dancing - The eternal struggle

MetalWorks, I thank you for helping prove my point and make me laugh my ass off at the same time. Cheers :D

Edit: Ever wonder what it looks like when a fatass tries to "dance":OMG:
watch

Thats exactly the kind of shit I hate. It's just stupid attention seeking, it's completly non-inclusive as anyone getting close runs the risk of getting smacked and the idiots KNOW this.

One guy I know is notorious for this. Once he actually had the nerve to get offended by someone threatening him if he didn't stop even though he was told that he had belted the threateners girlfriend in the face TWICE during his "self expression".

haha...i remember a couple years ago, me and a friend were at a local show...just standing up front watching the band, and some hardcore kid started doing his windmill shit, and hit my buddy in the face

so my friend...who's a pretty strong guy...tossed the kid halfway across the venue, then the kid came up with tears in his eyes, asking why he got shoved

so dude yells "BECAUSE YOU JUST HIT ME IN THE FUCKING FACE, PUSSY" at him as loud as he could, and the kid just dropped his head and walked off

I saw them last month, and while there wasn't a mosher to be found, there was some serious headbanging going on to the funk breakdown in The Lotus Eater. :kickass:

Oy, I can't stand that part, it feels too awkward and shoehorned in there - I hate spontaneous genre breaks for the sake of randomness, to me it's one of the lowest forms of creativity (see: Dillinger). The elevator music section of "Baying of the Hounds" I could tolerate because a really cool vocal part came in over it, but the Lotus Eater part just went too far IMO (especially the "wakka-chikkas," ugggghhhh).

Off topic woohoo!

I am of the personal opinion that these "dancers" are faggots of the highest caliber and should walk off a cliff :loco: but i wanted to hear your guys opinion also.

I was at a show where this chick (not in the pit) got kicked in the head by some toolbag dancers boot. She had to go via ambulance to the Hospital.

So yeah I agree, dancers (fuckheads who do "posi jumping" and "ninja kicks") can seriously go fuck a bee hive and eat a bag of cocks.

On the other hand though our local scene found an awesome way to handle these morons. Most of them sport threads they give a fuck about so the group of people that wanted to teach these jerkoffs a lesson brought permanent ink markers to the next show and just held them out when they were slamming into people. They came into contact with the markers and had that shit all over their faces and on thier clothing.

Personally I can't think of a better way to get them to shape thier shit up.

On the other hand though our local scene found an awesome way to handle these morons. Most of them sport threads they give a fuck about so the group of people that wanted to teach these jerkoffs a lesson brought permanent ink markers to the next show and just held them out when they were slamming into people. They came into contact with the markers and had that shit all over their faces and on thier clothing.

YES!!! Holy shit is that brilliant...

Harcore dancing is gay but circle pits are basically pissed blokes skipping.. Its all gay..

:lol: you rock

I like to stand behind the mosh pit facing the stage drinking and smoking, that way I can watch the band and at the same time the fat bald guy who gets is ass kicked when the pit explodes.

its a win-win situation...

Okay, this is hillarious, Hardcore dancing has nothing to do with being tuff, or being a scene kid faggot, seriously this made me laugh so dam hard,

i am a pusher, and a dancer, if the riff is right do what you want right. but i can tell you, dance pits are the funnest i've been in. when every one around you is throwing arms and kicking, its getting you anger out WAY more than just pushing and running around like some dude, hardcore dancing is not just scene kids, i'd love to see you tell a die hard mad ball fan. that hardcore dancing is for scene kids, i'd lol.

first off. best shows i have been to is four year strong, a day to remember,new Found glory, and international super heros of hardcore (NFG), no barricades, so everyone was stage diving, and everyone was catching em, having a bad ass time, the pit was a blast. no one was trying to be tuff we were all just having a fun time throwing down and dancing, you know what, sure it looks gay. but look at moshing in general. running around and smashing eachothers shoulders. just as gay as pretending you are a ninja,

so honestly. grow the fuck up. if you don't want someone dancing in the pit, don't fight em. just stand where you are, chances are they aren't trying to hurt you.

Just respect everyone in the pit, and they will respect you. deal with it

when every one around you is throwing arms and kicking, its getting you anger out WAY more than just pushing and running around like some dude

So you get your anger out by essentially having a temper tantrum like some kid in the aisle of a supermarket whose parent won't buy him a candy bar?

hardcore dancing is not just scene kids, i'd love to see you tell a die hard mad ball fan. that hardcore dancing is for scene kids, i'd lol.

I would, but he probably would just grunt, stare at me like a deer in headlights, and go smoke a joint in his trailer.

no one was trying to be tuff we were all just having a fun time throwing down and dancing, you know what, sure it looks gay. but look at moshing in general. running around and smashing eachothers shoulders. just as gay as pretending you are a ninja

It would be fine if you all were just having fun minding your own business looking ridiculous, but the fact that the flailing will randomly and regularly wallop some unsuspecting bystander (see previously mentioned examples) means your right to have fun ends when it intrudes on our rights to not get blindsided by a Vans sneaker.

so honestly. grow the fuck up. if you don't want someone dancing in the pit, don't fight em. just stand where you are, chances are they aren't trying to hurt you.

Ah, were it so simple...

dude its nothing like that. at all. plus. Madball is straight edge, and is most of their fans. so that made me lol, scene kids have ruined hxc dancing for sure. and if you don't want to get hit. either move way up front of. move way back. don't stand next to the pit,

I go to shows the have fun, to interact with the bands. not so much to hear the music but thats always a plus if they are amazing live
if i just wanted to sit and listen to the music i'd do it in my room or something. but i go to shows to have fun, you can't blame a bunch of scene fucks for ruining your show making hxc dancing bad. the only thing worse than a overly tuff scene hxc kid is a drunk 30 year old pusher ahaha,

Oh btw. do you have aim or anything i need help making impulses, and your way turned out awesome. i am gonna impulse this 2x12 orange cab

Look at this video and see how no one is around and everyone is in the back just because 1 asswipe is doing his dance.

Ok, I definitely see your point now. Gladly I've never had to witness that kind of shit in real life. Even the HC pits with the... uh... "dancers" are much different here, and while it is easier to get hit in those, they usually don't jeopardize people standing a bit further away, and the dancers here do look after each other. I've never once been left laying on the floor, there's always someone to pick you up and see if you're allright. But then again, I've never been to a emocore-or-whatever-they-are gigs with these kind of kids in there, just the normal metal or pure HC shows :)

Oh come on people, am I really the only one here seeing the irony in disapproving the scene kids who punch each other in the pit and at the same time throwing out deathwishes and chanting how it would be great to pound the living shit out of them? :lol:

Does that mean that as long as your at a show, it's ok to get punches thrown at you? I don't see it as any different from being on the street. I didn't say you shouldn't expect a mosh when you go to a show, I said I don't think people are really going for what it was originally intended for when they think moshing or whatever is all about throwing punches: therefore, I feel I have full right if someone throws a punch to fuckin crush thier windpipe when I'm trying to enjoy a show. If they are just runnin the circle, then I'll push them back in as normal. I don't think you were quite understanding what I was getting at in my first post...it wasn't irony, it was "people take it too far, and I don't have to tolerate it - neither does anyone else". The best pit I've been in was at a Testament show, and I damn near broke my leg. That didn't happen because some core kid was throwing kicks and punches, it was because I was in the pit and enjoying it for what it was: a pit...not a slugfest that is supposed to be ok because it's a metal show.

if you are standing near the pit. during a mosh pit. don't you sometimes get bumped? if you are standing near a dance pit, you might get hit. just stick your arm. out. kinda like "blocking" and if someone hits it. they know they need to move forward or not hit around that area so much cause you don't wana be hit and your just chilling in the back.

now if you do that and they still keep hitting you. lay em the fuck out.

So you get your anger out by essentially having a temper tantrum like some kid in the aisle of a supermarket whose parent won't buy him a candy bar?

LMAO!!! I'm glad I can usually trust you to get in these good ones. :lol:

I think you should all get a chair each and sit and appreciate the music... Harcore dancing is gay but circle pits are basically pissed blokes skipping.. Its all gay.. be a true individual.. get a chair..

:kickass::kickass: I have to go back to his statement. I mean really, what do you really have in your life that makes you so angry that you have to run around and bump into people? Yes, I guess I'm an old fart and I just don't get it.

Hahahah. Not trying to pick on anyone bro. Just saying...I don't get it. Everyone do what they want...it gives me something to watch even if the band sucks. :)

i'd be super pissed if anyone actually sat down. during one of my shows, i'd just be like man do i really suck that bad?

Hahahah. Not trying to pick on anyone bro. Just saying...I don't get it. Everyone do what they want...it gives me something to watch even if the band sucks. :)

Haha :)

Yeah, I'm not trying to provocate here or anything. To me getting into the pit is not about aggression at all, it's just about having fun. I don't want to hurt anyone, I just enjoy the chaotic motion and the feeling that most of the others in there are just enjoying themselves, too :)