Circus Maximus availability

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
I'm glad everyone is excited about the upcoming Circus Maximus debut "The First Chapter". We think they are a special band and we can't wait to see them at ProgPower in September.

There have been some questions about the release date. Here are the specifics:

We have licensed the album to Frontiers Records for European release. At the present time we will be handling the rest of the world (that will likely change a bit).

Frontiers Records will release the album in Europe on May 16th. The Sensory version will street the next day on May 17th. The two versions will differ slightly by one track - each release will have an exclusive song.

Towards the end of April we will start to take preorders. As a thank you to our patient customers we will be running a special pricing promotion during pre-release. Furthermore...if you order directly from us you can be certain that you will have the CD first.

We appreciate all your support! Please look out for Circus Maximus and our other upcoming Sensory releases from Pantommind, Redemption, Zero Hour and Degree Absolute.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory
www.lasercd.com

Me too. That means you have to buy two cd's just for one extra song! That sucks major monkey balls! DAMN YOU RECORD LABELS!

saMetal:hotjump:

dtmetalfan69 said:
Me too. That means you have to buy two cd's just for one extra song! That sucks major monkey balls! DAMN YOU RECORD LABELS!

saMetal:hotjump:
I will not buy 2 versions of the same album just to get another bonus track, no matter who the band is. This is not a bitch on my part, I understand how these things work, but I just won't buy a second version just to get one different song.

Agreed - for an industry complaining about people downloading music - in no way does this persuade people to buy CD's since they feel they are getting ripped off. I know you have your reasons - since you don't want everyone to buy the European import and skip yours. Still...

Example:
"Hmm, I could buy the 2 CD's and spend ~$30 to get them. Or I could buy one and just download the extra track and instead buy another CD by a different band"

It's not rocket science...

I'm not for downloading music, but damn - sometimes I think the labels ask for it.

Nightmare1z said:
Or I could buy one and just download the extra track and instead buy another CD by a different band"

Exactly.

I don't think I've found a band that has a bonus track on a different edition that I care enough about to get, though.

lasercd said:
Yes we suck but we love you anyway. In this case the exclusive tracks are necessary evils. At least the tracks kill.
If both tracks "kill", than both tracks should be on all releases. In truth, I can't think of too many bonus tracks that were actually worth listening to.

Zod

Only bonus track I can say that I think shoud've been on an album was Edguy's - Devil and the Savant... Was better than some of the tracks on Mandrake IMO (Save Us Now comes to mind).

I'm not insulting his label or him specifically - I'm just stating the facts. I'm not going to buy 2 versions of a CD for one song. Nightwish got all funky with this too when they released 2 different versions of the same single (Nemo) and how many different versions are there of their album? The limited edition with clear slip case, regular, US version with 2 bonus tracks, platinum edition, DVD edition. Etc. Nightwish - I did buy both singles since they were relatively cheap and there was more then one song exclusive. But to buy a full CD for one song - for a debut band nonetheless? No sir.

nobody said you had to buy both CDs...

i think what's implied here is the Euro release is special so they should enjoy it, and the US release is special so they should enjoy it, knowing each has something to offer.

its like ProgPower really. PPEuro and PPUSA are both great (and slightly different) festivals and no one said you have to go to both.

Silent Song said:
i think what's implied here is the Euro release is special so they should enjoy it, and the US release is special so they should enjoy it, knowing each has something to offer.
Is there some reason we can't enjoy the same thing? I don't want my CDs to be "special", only good. The only logic, that I can think of, for having different versions of the same CD, is to get the same person to buy more than one version.

Zod

the only reason, monetarily, i've heard is that its cheaper to import in JAPAN than buy japanese produced cds, but the phenominon occurs worldwide.

as for good bonus tracks, elvenking's bonus tracks on their latest cd, but those are basically on every cd anyways, since i've never seen any version other than limited edition.

what does bug me is that blind guardian's anato us version comes with a spanish harvest of sorrow, while the japanese version comes with english. so i have to import it to get a bonus track in english, very not cool.

lucky for me i understand spanish :lol: i have that version too.

maybe i'm less picky about imports and bonus tracks. i'm happy to just have the regular versions. anything bonus is... bonus. and i don't care to own every edition made.

There was the single that came out in the US bhcompy that had the US version of harvest of sorrow. The single for ATTWS...

I actually found it in some stores here for $5 each place I looked...Media Play and Best Buy. Don't know if you can find it now. If I remember right, it was the first single Century Media's every released in the US from Europe...not sure on that. It came out before ANATO, so it's probably hard to find now

http://metalages.com/store/ actually has a copy of it for $4.99, but you'll have shipping too.

http://metalages.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=79 is the exact link I think...

It has a live video on it too...

thanks, ill research it. as it stands, live has a good version, but i may get it for the sake of getting it

I don't think any of you understand the economics of the business nor the label perspective. Sensory does not have international distribution like the bigger labels. However, he still wants his product out there. Wouldn't you?

In order to do that, I would speculate that Frontiers wanted a little something extra for their version since they are paying a fee. Ken ends up putting something on his to prevent us from skipping his domestic release to import the Euro with a bonus.

Yes, it makes it difficult for the "true" internet fan. However, you guys need to realize there is a world outside of us where economics matter.

That said, the U.S. version has the superior bonus track. :Smug:

Glenn H.

why not make every track standard?

if you have regional distro, and every track is standard, except for what ive heard about japan(though that may be changing with rampant piracy, like they're doing in mexico and china), it will be cheaper to buy the domestic cd

currently, the market isn't buyer friendly. if they made the market more geared to pleasing the buyer, instead of annoying the people that like the band, the recording industry may enjoy a boost in confidence and buying. personally, screw bonus material, thats what MCD's and EP's are for.

SA is one of the few bands I know that releases enough supplemental MCD's and EP's to cover a lot of the bonus tracks and edits they put on some of their cds. this is more pleasing than having just regional bonus tracks and maybe a single or two, but it's not as pleasing as just standardizing it across the board. i could actually support my local indie metal store then rather than buying from a foreign shop or off caiman/amazon paying 50% to 100% more