Cirith Ungol interview by Omni

K, well if you're going to sit here and make bold claims about people you don't even know, ya don't really get to accuse me of lacking nuance and depth.

Furthermore, none of the "in-crowders" are extroverts aside from GoD who I haven't talked to enough outside the forum to know.

I know your opinions and posts, which is all I need to know for this discussion. I also know your arguments in this thread are total garbage, and you have a history of navel-gazing pseudo-intellectual fellatio to justify your musical opinions. Do you drop acid? You give me the im

Introversion and extroversion have nothing to do with it. Nerds have cliques too.

I feel like Mortuary Drape and Infernäl Mäjesty are in that list solely because of me. What an honour.

Infernal Majesty is one of those albums that virtually all non-thrash people cite as an exceptional thrash album. Mortuary Drape was maybe a little bit of a stretch in retrospect, though I seemed to see them discussed more several years ago than now.

So let me get this straight. You are not part of a clique but the people who you're referring to are?

I love thrash. I can't think of anyone but Yoda who doesn't. Not sure where you got that from.

Last edited:
Pseudo-intellectuals spend time writing in-depth negative reviews of classic albums in order to portray themselves as "ironic".

Now here comes the "you just like it because it's classic" retort.

I'm not a part of that specific clique, at least. Perhaps I am part of another clique and have not been made conscious of it yet.

Mort Divine, Omni, and our fresh in-crowd homunculus, Phylactery, aren't thrash people either. no wainds probably listens to less thrash than the other major metal sub-genres as well. Thrash in general isn't very in-crowd aside from Slayer, Holy Terror, Coroner, Sabbat (UK and Japanese), and some death/thrash like Massacra or Merciless. "Death metal is the logical conclusion of thrash metal" etcetc, overused platitudes to make people feel like their opinions have some kind of objective basis.

Reactions: Dak
She listens to like ten albums or something. She'll praise the merits of the first Heathen album endlessly and hasn't even listened to Testament, because her fuck-buddy Dodens told her so.

Again dude, I talk to her on a daily basis. This is false.

Yeah I've said this numerous times and would never deny it. But just because it's one of my least preferred metal sub genres doesn't mean I don't listen to it. There's still plenty of thrash I love, including your beloved Destruction, Artillery and Realm.

Post your top 8 thrash albums that aren't the first two Slayer albums (since I know those will be on top).

I actually wanna take the test again for how in-crowd you are, but HBB needs to improve/update that shit first.

I actually began a properly formatted full-length exam but got bored halfway through. Maybe I'll work it up and finish it this weekend.

Reactions: CiG