Cirith Ungol interview by Omni

"The first thing that I did before making Mercyful Fate was email Deron and tell him that I wanted him to help me access my Omni account and that I would be making an account called Mercyful Fate while I waited because the name was available" - Omni

"I was never trying to fool anyone that I wasn't Omni and I asked Deron to merge my accounts" - Omni

If you don't believe her or that it's her, Deron (MetalAges) will gladly tell you.

Bitch I'm not leaving off Hell Awaits. Would be a worthless list without it :p. No order.

Hell Awaits
Eternal Devastation
None Shall Defy
Spectrum of Death
Ride the Lightning
By Inheritance
Endless War
Victims of Deception
Eternal Nightmare
Mind Wars

Not my top 8, but a list of thrash I really like. There's also an album I'm forgetting that popped into my head and then disappeared before I could write it down. It's really annoying me now.

A Manilla Road best-of could be pretty fucking awesome tbh. Shame he can only write a song's worth of good riffs per album.

Really though, if it's you, me, TNB, and Baroque in the out-crowd, it shows how much more open-minded and tolerant we are than the in-crowd. To quote Marco Rubio, we're the real party of diversity. I think we'd disagree on a lot more shit than the in-crowd would with each other. We're the fucking best.

Reactions: The Ozzman
I'm starting a new crowd everybody, it's the in-and-out crowd, the people who actually get laid and don't obsess over fitting in or dislike others for doing so. Also you must enjoy burgers. And entertaining interviews.

Last edited:
Gonna say it again, anyone who talks about "in-crowd" unironically as if it's an actual thing, with the slightest degree of seriousness is a giant poseur. Must suck to be that insecure with one's shit taste.

Also thrash mostly blows.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
These are bands I have yet to hear

Order From Chaos, Adramelch, Infernal Majesty, and Obliveon are the shit. I think you could definitely enjoy the latter two at least.

Mortuary Drape is cool too, but not exactly regular listening for me.

Bitch I'm not leaving off Hell Awaits. Would be a worthless list without it :p. No order.

Hell Awaits
Eternal Devastation
None Shall Defy
Spectrum of Death
Ride the Lightning
By Inheritance
Endless War
Victims of Deception
Eternal Nightmare
Mind Wars

Not my top 8, but a list of thrash I really like. There's also an album I'm forgetting that popped into my head and then disappeared before I could write it down. It's really annoying me now.

Punishment for Decadence was the album I was thinking of that should be on here.

Pretty sweet list, at least four of those are in my top 10 as well.

Which 4?

Last edited:
I thought they'd be the four, but I also wasn't sure how you felt about Spectrum of Death and Eternal Nightmare since I haven't seen you post opinions on those.

Spectrum of Death is awesome, though admittedly Assassin alone carries a lot of that. Eternal Nightmare is good, respect the riffcount and it has moments like Calling in the Coroner's chorus that are ridiculously infectious, but I like a lot of other thrash more than it.