Cirith Ungol interview by Omni

What's wrong with my death metal opinions?

While the stuff you do like is generally good, there's too much good stuff that you don't like which means we'll never agree on it. And I've never got the impression you're a particularly big fan of death metal anyway. Even the stuff you like most I'm guessing you'd put way behind your favourite trad and thrash.

Name some throwaway albums.
The only thrash I have the stomach to listen to anymore is Gehennah (and on rare occasion similar black/thrash bands), pre-Seasons Slayer, Coroner, Artillery - By Inheritance, and Sodom - In The Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty (and with that I believe I have all the thrash I need), so take that as you will.

Reactions: Mort Divine
JP is still really cool. I'm good buddies with all those dudes in Gatekeeper especially Jeff and David. David and I got really trashed in the Pacific back during Frost and Fire fest last year. It was a good time. Here we are with Jake from Visigoth. Totally sober.

14495497_10157506477565366_3620457705338268809_n.jpg

there was a time some years ago that JP would always message me trying to get me to go to shows, i think i ended up going to see pentagram/the gates of slumber/acid witch and he was there

i think he got himself thrown out

I used to see him at Chicago shows back in 2013-2015 a bit. He'd come out for the big shows like when Satan played and some of the festivals there. He was always super friendly and more into standing up front and screaming along to the lyrics and going crazy than drinking like a madmen. That's what I fucking do now because I'm a shithead and more interested in getting fucked up than actually remembering the bands haha.