Classics Reborn

https://bravewords.com/news/white-s...-runaway-single-feat-late-vocalist-brian-howe

There's something weird going on here. The article claims the second album wasn't found until 2020 after Brian's death, but the single Runaway which they've added musos and lyrics too for the video below was released on a White Spirit compilation in 2012. I haven't heard the compilation but I'm going to try and find it and see how much difference there is.

Meanwhile enjoy a heap of 80's references (many of which were not invented when the song was written), and heaps of tits and bums.

I've never heard of this band or that guy.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
You have but you probably don't remember Neptune and I talking about it. It's Janick Gers first band and they had a brilliant first album but fell apart as they went to record the second.

Reactions: Neptune
Something tells me that all them titties and bums was a deliberate ploy to get viewers :)
I'm also thinking that id this is the same version of the song released in 2012, before they actually found it, that there would not have been so many titties and bums.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/n...ns-of-a-guitar-icon-coming-to-vod-next-month/

I know the commentors are all bitching about a cash grab, even making comments about Sharon but to me this doesn't look too bad. Not sure I agree that Tracii was the right choice to voice it but I think Randy deserves more coverage. With the 'voice of Eddie Van Halen' not much of it is new, but then it's 40 years since the guy died, how much new stuff is there.

The people that carry on about this (and other similar things) being a cash grab are just sad losers. News flash, everything bands and musos do is a cash grab, that's how they make their living, and no one is forcing anyone to buy it. Although from what I've seen reported the family needs all the money they can get to keep things like his museum display and his grave sight from being constantly vandalised.

Yeah the whole cash grab is really overused and a really lazy comment for people who don't have anything to really say or just want to trash on something without putting anything into it.
I agree with you. I think this is needed and I'm sure this means a lot to his fans that are maybe around Ozzy's age that have been wanting it for forever. There's especially not a thing wrong with the family making money from this. Don't they think Randy would approve? They wouldn't do the same thing? Someone has to keep his legacy going.

Yeah it's kind strange, people want legends like Randy to be remembered and acknowledged but how dare the family do that and make money at the same time. I don't so much agree with brands making money off legends and their names, even less so when the money they make doesn't even go to the family, but trying to stop the family from doing things is stupid. I don't know how much the Rhoads family had to do with this new movie but his sister and mother are in it, that seems positive.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah I agree. Ozzy regularly posts pictures of Randy and talks about how much he misses him. They are usually FB posts but I'm surprised every one of them isn't hounded by people saying Sharon is some how cashing in on tragedy.

It's a video from 2020 with the announcer dressed like that!
DD looks like he's got a bad case of the Ozzy shakes!
Oh to be young enough and able to headbang like the guys from Overkill were.
There is no doubt about it when Anthrax were on fire they kicked arse, that opening to AIR is so powerful and fast. Kicking Danny out was still one of their biggest mistakes.
I don't remember hearing the song Anthrax played live that often.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard released a new album on Friday (don't worry you wont like it, it's eclectic, hippy, mind fuck music). The band started in 2010 and this is their 18th full length release, along with 13 live albums, and the opening track called the Dripping Tap goes for 18 minutes! :)

John bush always looks different in Anthrax for some reason.
Haven't watched it all yet but that interviewer bloke always comes off as a bit of a dick, the band do a bit too but they are playing up to the camera.
Oh yeah. That guy was a total ass kissing fake douche. Anthrax are a bunch of hams lol. Can't blame them for being a bunch of kids from NY.

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard released a new album on Friday (don't worry you wont like it, it's eclectic, hippy, mind fuck music). The band started in 2010 and this is their 18th full length release, along with 13 live albums, and the opening track called the Dripping Tap goes for 18 minutes! :)
It's not that I don't like that kind of stuff, it just doesn't give me what I need.