Classics Reborn

He's got two stories coming from when Slayer supported Venom in about 83. I can't remember the full details but both revolve around Slayer thinking they were hot shit and Venom bringing them down a peg or two. One of them was a bit puerile, something about pissing in their drinks if I remember correctly, but the main gist of it all was bringing Slayer down off their high horses. By the end of the tour everything was amicable but they all joked and did silly things.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah Venom really divides people, they actually divided themselves too since they spilt and formed Cronos and Venom Inc.
They get credited with kick starting both thrash and black metal at times but beyond the first two albums only diehard fans give a shit, and they lost a lot of those when they started fighting with each other. There is no doubt that the Venom influence is in a lot of today's bands but I don't think I've ever met a Venom fan who knows as much about them as fans of bands like the Big 4 know their chosen band.

When The Storm Comes Down was 31 yesterday, so to be fair they don't need to give us another album today, but I'll be expecting it from tomorrow!

I was listening to the original the other day and it's weird how the tone and vocals were left on the final recording. It's not that they are terrible but it kind of doesn't feel like it was mastered.

Reactions: redfly
Wait a minute WTSCD was remastered,when?Oh you know what I may actually have it somewhere it was repackaged in friggin’ digipack form right?

Reactions: redfly
Edit: I remember them saying Alex Parialas did a really shitty job. His excuse was that he was brand new to digital. Kelly was pissed for years and ended up apologizing a few years ago. I was like why? He did a shit job and if he didn't know how to use digital he shouldn't have done it. Also Alex was a fairly shitty mixer/producer regardless.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed