Clawfinger sound

yakko

so far ,so good,so what..
Oct 29, 2008
Turkey-Ankara
Not for everyone's taste but for me one of the best guitar sounds . Guitar character is generally same in their different albums by the way it seems they used the same amp . Any ideas about the sound and amp?

as an example

Funny but i feel a dual rectifier with transistor break .) Waiting answer from the dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
emm you must be remembering incorrect . This band is from1990's there was no podxts or whatevers. maybe a psa_1 or ancient boss me-10 kind of stuff ? here it is an older record but for me it still has the same character. İf this is a line in sound from a boss me-10 than i 'll sell my e570 :)

my pals! my pals my pals my pals my pals! (how often can you say that with both relevance and non-rascist connotations)

I had Deaf, Dumb and Blind back in '94. Used to love it.
I still remember most of the raps from my pals, The Truth and Warfare.

Couldn't comment on the gear, but like has already been said
The Dude from clawfinger (see what I did there) posts on here so I'm sure he could help out.

my pals! my pals my pals my pals my pals! (how often can you say that with both relevance and non-rascist connotations)

I had Deaf, Dumb and Blind back in '94. Used to love it.
I still remember most of the raps from my pals, The Truth and Warfare.

Couldn't comment on the gear, but like has already been said
The Dude from clawfinger (see what I did there) posts on here so I'm sure he could help out.

"Tell me the truth! The truth muthafucka!"
Sorry, I just had to! :) I had that album back in the day too!

He wins the game, & she gets all the blame (you clear your name?)
If a woman raped a man, would the verdict be the same

im a big fan of the mixes on most clawfinger albums there well heavy!

i wouldnt mind knowing how there bass set up goes either.

Got all their albums!, saw them live back when Deaf dumb blind came out here in Denmark great gig!!, really good live band. The new album tho is not so good im sorry say, the production doesnt hold up to the earlier albums...:erk:

yes pod exists since 1997 but clawfinger exists since 1988 :) what with the hell they made signature sound records on that 9 years? I still have questions if thats a pod than how did they manage to sound the same ,what were the settings bla bla :) Nowadays we listen to much same things there are still some new breath from past.
And one of my favourites .

yes pod exists since 1997 but clawfinger exists since 1988 :) what with the hell they made signature sound records on that 9 years? I still have questions if thats a pod than how did they manage to sound the same ,what were the settings bla bla :) Nowadays we listen to much same things there are still some new breath from past.
And one of my favourites .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwsgyZ9YUpA

Before POD it was distorsionpedals straight into the board.

Oh damn! I MISSED it! Thanks for the kind words guys!

Ok, here we go:

Deaf Dumb blind: We used the very first Sansamp (looks almost like the "vintage" on the pic) blended with a Boss ME-5 heavily eq'd. In the mix, Stefan Glaumann used a Vocoder to get some extra flavor to it. I have no idea what he did, but he used one. Bass was also the sansamp.
Use Your Brain: Again the Sansamp. We might've bought the PSA-1 but I'm not sure. Boss ME-5 again. More Sansamp than Boss though. Bass = Sansamp.
Clawfinger: Digitech 2110(?) and a Sansamp PSA-1. The Digitech was mostly for the fucked up sounds.
A whole lot of nothing: Boss GX-700 into a Matchbox speaker simulator. And the Digitech.
Zeros and heroes: Boss GX-700 into the Matchbox speaker simulator.
Hate Yourself With Style: PODxt Pro into a Line6 4x12 miked with a Chinese Ribbon.
Life Will Kill You: Same as above.

All setups have been EQ'd heavily with maybe three different equalizers. Holy tweaking, Batman! The last years with the PODxt I've had the"fizz" problem and couldn't figure out how or why, until I read about "aliasing" in the digital domain. I read that on the old AxeFX forum for about two years ago, and when the X3 had the same old algorithms, I immediately ordered the Axe-FX without even testing it. We've played live with the AFX for the past year or so, and our sound guy is happy. Really happy. So am I. Pain in the ass to have a PODxt without an external IR in the IEM.

We plug the guitar and the bass into the wireless and into one (1) Axe-FX with some clever routing. Except for the instruments, our rig contains a 4U shock rack with one Axe-FX, my sound card for samples, the wireless (bass, git and main vox) connected to an 8 channel DI box in the back. 5 minute setup, anyone? ;)

I hope you got what you needed. Feel free to ask if there's something unclear.

PS. we met in 1988, but we started an embryo of a band in 1990. DS.

/Jocke

Hmm, maybe, but I always thought of SS amps as having their own characteristic sound and being damn proud of it, whereas digital stuff can be any number of things, most (if not all) being imitations of tube amps