Ambassador
Jul 27, 2003
Chicago, IL
The acoustic show was GREAT. Here's the setlist for the show:

1) Recreation Day
2) I'm Sorry
3) Trilogy of the Damned
4) Waking Up Blind (new song)

The show was great. I have never been able to be that up and close with one of my favorite bands and Tom and Rikard were there afterwards to sign CD's posters and take some pics. Had a blast. Total attendance was probably around 35 people. They gave away CD's, a shirt, and some of the new posters. Met some cool Evergrey fans as well. Thanks Tom, Rikard, and The Metal Show! I'll have more to come regarding the opening concert later. (ridiculously good - especially the new material).

Evergrey said:
The acoustic show was GREAT. Here's the setlist for the show:

1) Recreation Day
2) I'm Sorry
3) Trilogy of the Damned
4) Waking Up Blind (new song)

The show was great. I have never been able to be that up and close with one of my favorite bands and Tom and Rikard were there afterwards to sign CD's posters and take some pics. Had a blast. Total attendance was probably around 35 people. They gave away CD's, a shirt, and some of the new posters. Met some cool Evergrey fans as well. Thanks Tom, Rikard, and The Metal Show! I'll have more to come regarding the opening concert later. (ridiculously good - especially the new material).

glad you had fun!

I thought that Recreation Day in particular, was awesome.

Thanks for coming out!

Matt

Matt, thanks for putting the event together. Recreation Day was excellent. Will we be able to get access to any of the songs recorded?

well, I know we will be sending a copy to the label....so it is up to them what they do with it....I'll pop up a link though for an online streaming playback, once we get it back:)

I had a blast yesterday and that wholly made up for me missing the band twice last year (which has been a very sore subject with me since September). That was flat out awesome and it was an honor to be able to hang out with them and see them in such a laid back setting. Thanks a ton for putting that together and also for getting me on your radar!! I would love to hear the stream once it's up too!

yea the show was great, i even caught a free copy of the ltd edition inner circle. listened to it before the iced earth show. what were you guys wearing at the acoustic show? i may have talked to you.

Yeah, it was a great show for as short as it was-especially remarkable when Tom forgot the words to I'm Sorry and just sang la, la, la- funny!
I caught the free shirt!
It would have been way cooler if there were cups for the water machine~

Yeah the show was great! A pleasant surprise that they had The Inner Circle to buy! Thanks again to Psychonaut for getting me in!

Anyone going to any other dates on the tour?

am_ash2 said:
Yeah, it was a great show for as short as it was-especially remarkable when Tom forgot the words to I'm Sorry and just sang la, la, la- funny!
I caught the free shirt!
It would have been way cooler if there were cups for the water machine~

LOL!! I totally remember you asking the guy for the cups. I was thirsty as hell too!

TheEdgeOfThorns said:
yea i remember all of you. i was the youngest one there in the iced earth "horror show" shirt on.

I think I met you as well. Did your dad have the red shirt on? Nice job at scoring the free Inner Circle CD at the acoustic show! People were battling it out for those things.

TheEdgeOfThorns said:
yea that was my dad, im one of the few lucky ones who has a dad whos into good metal and is willing to take me to shows.
I, for one, thought that was totally cool! The only thing my redneck dad did when I was a teen was sit in his chair and chain smoke while watching Nascar!!
My significant other and I have 2 teens (16 and 19) and if either of them listened to our music I guess we'd be in the same boat. My son is embarrassed to have headbangers as parents....:(

CubanToad said:
:OMG: What in world do they listen to??? I hope my kids won't be embarassed of me when i have some. o_O They better be metalheads like me! :D :headbang:
My son USED to listen to Metalica, Iced Earth, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Helloween, Ozzy, etc., now it's all (c)rap music- ugh!!! I'm embarassed of HIM!!