Cleveland Roll Call

This was an amazing show. I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes for most of the Opeth set. I was a little disappointed with the sound, but it was better than usual for The Agora.

The overall volume was good though. Loud enough to feel it, but I didn't leave with my ears ringing. I was up in the chairs with the old farts who came to see PT and I was shocked at how rude they were. So many of them were talking loud, nonstop during Opeth. Idiots!

As awesome as the Opeth set was, I couldn't help wanting to hear just one growl.. it felt like the audience was waiting for them to let loose, even though I knew the setlist before the show.

The PT set was unreal. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get into their music or not, but damn they were good live. So polished and the sound was crystal. I immediately went to the table and loaded up on CDs after the show.

But it was the Damnation tour..and since Damnation is something "different" I was not surprised that they played it in its entirety. And that made me happy. Seemed like the right thing to do.

But I was hoping for Harvest as well. Ah, well...it was good. Very, very good.

Neither can I.....except for Damnation. I thought the show and the whole album being played was perfect. I actually enjoyed that show quite a bit more than the Deliverance one--not because of the fact that it was all soft, but because of the atmosphere and the ability to actually focus fully on the stage and the music. I love "normal" Opeth, but I just don't like the rough moshing and crowd surfing and constant worrying about one's own safety that comes with it :erk:
And I must always be in the front row. Granted, it's better than the 2nd or 3rd, but it's still rough.

I just know that I'll never forget that day because it was probably the best day of my life.