Final Chicago Roll Call

:D

I'll be there.

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
In some respects, youre probably just as well off paying for the valet parking. Its not any more expensive than the lots across the street, and street parking around there is nearly impossible. If you walk a few blocks down to Wacker you can find parking, if you want to deal with the urine stench and the homeless guys all around you. Plus in January, its a mighty cold jog!
I'm very much looking forward to this show, and I think all of the other NovDoom guys will be in attendance, so its going to be alot of fun. I spoke to a few people about the New York show and they said it was fantastic (of course!) Opeth looked and sounded amazing at the House of Blues when we played with them in 2001, so I can only imagine how killer its going to be this time.

Anyone know specifically which songs off of Deliverance they are doing in their set?
You guys should fill in for Lacuna Coil. :D

Originally posted by Embalmer
My friends Keith, Chris and I will be present. I will be working that day and don't plan to leave until around 5:00, so hopefully I will get there by 7:00 or so. I will be the fairly tall (6'6") slightly balding 31 year old guy wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. This will be my first Opeth show and i can't wait.

Indeed Jim...we're going to have a blast! People will spot me...my leather jacket has a huge mural of Venom's Black Metal cover on the back!

Come by and tell me you're bidding me farewell :)

Three more days!!!

Originally posted by PratlPoet
I will most assuredly be there.

Mr PratlPoet:

I believe that I marked you present in my post above :p
When do you guys plan to get there?
Remember the last time we both posted on a band's (DT) BBS? We started a little controversy, dontcha think? I will try to refrain from strong opinions here, though.

Originally posted by Embalmer
Mr PratlPoet:

I believe that I marked you present in my post above :p
When do you guys plan to get there?
Remember the last time we both posted on a band's (DT) BBS? We started a little controversy, dontcha think? I will try to refrain from strong opinions here, though.

We're lookin at about 5 or so. Well, Dream Theater RAPED us that night with a full Selloutica set, but I'm sure Opeth cares for their fans and doesn't rely on sellout bands for a "special" set. We didn't say anything that wasn't true.

It's gonna be cool, man...see you there!!

hey, prat poet, didnt realize there was a metalhead that lived in oak lawn...weird....i love in mount greenwood, right next to oak lawn.....i cant fucking wait for the show!!

Hey Dimension...yep, in Oak Lawn off Southwest Highway, near Chicago Ridge mall. I go to a comic shop in Mt. Greenwood (Alternate Reality).

Dude, I bleed metal, man...always have...for almost 20-years. Glad to see we still have a small, but faithful army.

Try and spot me at the show...remember the Venom jacket!

i'm going to be there...whats this i hear about valet parking? my friend was contemplating driving us down there instead of us all taking the train, but he doesn't want to deal with parking.

Yeah ill be there at the show.. probably wearing my opeth still life hoodie. I'm only about 5'7 and dont look like much of a metalhead so ill stick out, most of you probably see me at every metal show there is. Ill also be at the napalm death/dark tranquility/ strapping young lad. This is my 3rd time seeing opeth, I saw them the last 2 times they were here and met the guys both times, had everything autographed. If you guys are willing to pay up the ass for parking just park across the street, and if you are willing to wait out in the cold you can meet the band by their bus on the lower level of that parking lot. And if anybody from the chicago area is looking for a drummer for a metalband look for me at the show!

yeah prat poet, i live about 5 minutes from Alternate Reality....i know your location....yea ill keep an eye out for the Venom Jacket. how tall are you, cuz im big like 6'2. and ill probably have an adidas black sweater on

Originally posted by Oyo
I'll be there, is saturnix going to be there??

Everyone say hi to me if you see me!

Yeah, he'll be there with me (or technically, I'll be there with him, he DID buy the tickest, after all). Hope to see some UM folk at the show.

Originally posted by ffanatic
Yeah, he'll be there with me (or technically, I'll be there with him, he DID buy the tickest, after all). Hope to see some UM folk at the show.

quite. i will be looking very metal in my opeth t-shirt, and probably freezing my ass off as well. you'll be able to spot me: i'm ridiculously tall. and nerdy-looking.

Originally posted by saturnix
quite. i will be looking very metal in my opeth t-shirt, and probably freezing my ass off as well. you'll be able to spot me: i'm ridiculously tall. and nerdy-looking.
Been brushing up on your debating skills? :heh:

:D just kidding.

Oh you'd better believe that I'm going to be there....
I wonder though, should we UMer's have some signal to the other Umer's at the concert, so we don't have to go on descriptions and blind luck?