Final Chicago Roll Call

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
Yep, another one, but I’m interested to get things finalized since this is without a doubt going to be Opeth’s best show of the tour. Trust me, for those of you who haven’t been to the House of Blues in Chicago, the sound is amazing. The only shitty part is they don’t allow cameras and you’ll be likely to find an albino dodo before you find a parking space.

At any rate, without further ado, sign on the dotted line if you’ll be attending. :)

headbang.gif

no cameras :cry:

If I can't find a parking space, for the first time in my life I'm going to use valet parking. How metal is that?!

In some respects, youre probably just as well off paying for the valet parking. Its not any more expensive than the lots across the street, and street parking around there is nearly impossible. If you walk a few blocks down to Wacker you can find parking, if you want to deal with the urine stench and the homeless guys all around you. Plus in January, its a mighty cold jog!
I'm very much looking forward to this show, and I think all of the other NovDoom guys will be in attendance, so its going to be alot of fun. I spoke to a few people about the New York show and they said it was fantastic (of course!) Opeth looked and sounded amazing at the House of Blues when we played with them in 2001, so I can only imagine how killer its going to be this time.

Anyone know specifically which songs off of Deliverance they are doing in their set?

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
In some respects, youre probably just as well off paying for the valet parking. Its not any more expensive than the lots across the street, and street parking around there is nearly impossible. If you walk a few blocks down to Wacker you can find parking, if you want to deal with the urine stench and the homeless guys all around you. Plus in January, its a mighty cold jog!

believe it, folks. have the valet dudes take care of your wheels or wear your warm stuff. it's C-O-L-D here.

see you all at the show! :wave:

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
Yep, another one, but I’m interested to get things finalized since this is without a doubt going to be Opeth’s best show of the tour. Trust me, for those of you who haven’t been to the House of Blues in Chicago, the sound is amazing. The only shitty part is they don’t allow cameras and you’ll be likely to find an albino dodo before you find a parking space.

At any rate, without further ado, sign on the dotted line if you’ll be attending. :)

I will be there! I'm getting more excited for this by the second actually! I guess I don't really have to worry about parking since the hotel my fiancee and I booked is within walking distance of The House Of Blues. It's great to hear that the sound there is good :headbang:

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
I'm very much looking forward to this show, and I think all of the other NovDoom guys will be in attendance, so its going to be alot of fun. I spoke to a few people about the New York show and they said it was fantastic (of course!) Opeth looked and sounded amazing at the House of Blues when we played with them in 2001, so I can only imagine how killer its going to be this time.

Anyone know specifically which songs off of Deliverance they are doing in their set?

Deliverance and A Fair Judgement is what I have seen on the setlists posted so far. I would love to hear Masters Apprentices which is my favorite song on the album. I wish I could remember the name of the hotel my fiancee booked for us. I wanted to ask someone who's from Chicago if this place is nice or not.I'm still pissed that the Holiday Inn was booked up!

I'll be there, along with saturnix. I have no qualms about hearing Deliverance or A Fair Judgement being played, but I can't help but think of what an awesome opening Wreath would make.

My friends Keith, Chris and I will be present. I will be working that day and don't plan to leave until around 5:00, so hopefully I will get there by 7:00 or so. I will be the fairly tall (6'6") slightly balding 31 year old guy wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. This will be my first Opeth show and i can't wait.

this will aslo be my first opeth show, i was suppose to see them last year when they opened for amorphis....but i missd out!....i been to the house of blues many many times, i love the place, good sound, this will be a great night for Opeth, i can give a rat's ass about the openers, only if paradise lost actually played some older material....im planning on getting there around 6-6:30, sitting around with a couple friends, smoking some cigarettes and drinking some pop until Opeth comes on....its gonna be a cold frigid night for the people that want to get there early.....it also sucks that its so cold out, so you bundle up with all these clothes, but then you get there, and its hot inside, and you got layers on it blows, lots of sweat will be present.....because im not gonna stop headbanging when opeth comes on