click track

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
is it me or is the click track in Nuendo not always in time. i have a stand alone sequencer that has a click track and i never have any trouble with it....but when im recording drum track in nuendo it seem the timing slows and speeds up. and also, when recording midi drum tracks with a keyboard controller no matter if i set the track on snap quantize my notes never snap to grid. does anyone else have that problem?

Try just recording straight click track from something you 'trust' and see if you can align the recorded click track to the playback click track - if you can't, it's off. Hell, if you just want to check a click track against itself, record it and test playback, but move it forward a few bars and try again after a few minutes have passed. It often seems like my click track is off, but it usually just means that I need practice.

Jeff

Yeah, I havn't figured mine out yet (Sonar), so I keep using the Alesis SR16.:lol:

I remember back when I used sonar how hard it was to get the Metronome running.... Something so simple should be so easy to do, yet they make it a pain....

Anyways, Cubase has a great metronome, easy to set up, never off time:headbang:

You can make it sound like drum hits or whatever:

Go to VST Instruments in Devices and load the LM7 in a slot. Now Go Transport-Metronome Setup and uncheck the audio click and move the volume all the way down. Now select the LM7 for the out and change the notes to F#1 and 100 for the velocity. Make sure to click the MIDI click box.

Good luck. I hate the beep.

Beeps cut through for me better than drum hits - plus, when my brother is practicing drums I can often hear it down the hall (although it strangely does not show up in mics... not that I'm complaining) and I don't want to get them confused - but that's good to know. Thanks.

Jeff

I remember back when I used sonar how hard it was to get the Metronome running.... Something so simple should be so easy to do, yet they make it a pain....

Back in the old days, during the cretaceous period when dinosaurs still walked the earth, Sonar didn't have an audio metronome. Today however, things work as you would expect. The metronome is just one mouse click away.

must have been back in the dark days when Sonar didn't have automation either :D

......(it was supposed to, but it didn't work.)