Clutch, AC/DC or Motorhead

• Clutch

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • AC/DC

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Motorhead

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
I haven't even heard Clutch, but I voted them out of fucking principle.

Other two bands can lick my knob.

No, they're just one of the most popular, which is why they get so much hate from all the bitter anti-mainstream stiff-wads like yourself. They're not tame (for the most part), they're supposed to be stupid, and Motorhead certainly isn't in another league of intelligence, so don't be a hypocrite.

They get hate not for being popular but for being utterly generic in what they do. As far as comparative bands go, at least the likes of Van Halen and Def Leppard managed to write better riffs and solos and not sound all the time like self parody. And have choruses which were not always just one sentence repeated over and over. Motorhead, despite also being formulaic and repetitive, were at least original and had attitude.

Clutch, easily. A brilliant band. the self-titled is classic.

"I HAVE THE BODY OF JOHN WILKES BOOTH!"

AC/DC can lick my nutsack, except for Hell's Bells. Cool song. I don't have any Motorhead. (wow strong fail) I love Clutch's Transnational Speedway League.

They get hate not for being popular but for being utterly generic in what they do. As far as comparative bands go, at least the likes of Van Halen and Def Leppard managed to write better riffs and solos and not sound all the time like self parody. And have choruses which were not always just one sentence repeated over and over. Motorhead, despite also being formulaic and repetitive, were at least original and had attitude.

All three bands mentioned are extremely generic and the only thing that separates them in terms of popularity is song writing ability, and AC/DC clearly are far superior song writers.

I disagree. The only song by AC/DC that even remotely gets me going is "Thunderstruck". Other than that, Clutch is like 10x better.

how are all three bands generic? all three, when they started, had an entirely original sound. by today's standards, perhaps they sound generic, but that's only because countless clones have popped up aping their sound.

i've yet to find a band that sounds, musically and lyrically, like clutch and is able to release high quality albums consistently. if one exists, please inform me.

im not a huge acdc fan, but to call them generic is absurb and ignorant of music.

They get hate not for being popular but for being utterly generic in what they do.

As J said, find a contemporary of AC/DC that sounds like them.

As far as comparative bands go, at least the likes of Van Halen and Def Leppard managed to write better riffs and solos and not sound all the time like self parody.

I don't listen to Leppard, but VH at their best are definitely more interesting than any AC/DC, despite having imo a higher proportion of shit in their discog. That doesn't mean AC/DC sucks, though. They may make more simplistic music, but it still rips ass. They have a great sense of rhythm, and Angus's guitar tone is sick as fuck (especially in the late '70s).

Motorhead, despite also being formulaic and repetitive, were at least original and had attitude.

Motorhead definitely invented a great sound, which put punk rock to incredibly effective use in a heavy metal(ish) context. I don't think their riff-writing was nearly as solid as AC/DC's though - they have some classics, but they also have a fuckton of stale-sounding ripoffs of previous ideas. When taking each band's discography as a whole, I find a lot more memorable/recognisable stuff throughout AC/DC's. I don't think Motorhead ever put out anything after their '79-'80 period that really sounded as fresh.

Oh, and both bands have plenty of attitude. They just have different forms of it. If you don't like leering cock-rockers whose voices can peel paint, that's not my problem.