Motorhead

Those are my 2 favorites...
I have March Or Die, Bomber, Ace Of Spades, Iron Fist, Inferno, and Overnight Sensation, but Inferno is my overall favorite for some reason

I think it's much catchier than Ace of Spades. Not to say that Ace of Spades isn't awesome, but I like Inferno more as well.

the reason i'd recommend ace of spades is because its their first album and really hits the spot of what motorhead is all about

it's their 5th album as someone else pointed out (he says 4th but i consider it their 5th)... metal noob i take it? ...

Anyways two albums I like alot are Orgasmatron and 1916 (who would of thought Lemmy could sing a nice moving song - the title track)...

Overkill. I prefere Overkill over aces of spades.

Overkill owns every other Motorhead album.

Besides that, the ones I listen to the most are Ace of Spades and Orgasmatron. We Are Motorhead is pretty sweet too. They all basically sound the same, just some stick a little closer to the formula than others (and usually sound catchier as a result). I'm really not a fan of their more experimental songs/albums, since a) they usually suck, and b) I listen to Motorhead because they stomp ass, and not because they're profound songwriters.

While some might say that this band much like AC/DC keep recycling the same stuff over and over I beg to differ. I would go a far as to say that Motorhead IS superior.

I'm not sure how you can say Motorhead isn't formulaic while AC/DC is (besides that you're biased in favor of Motorhead). Both bands clearly have a single, highly-successful formula that they'd never dare to stray from. Lemmy may do a tough-guy ballad every now and then, but they're usually more comical than moving, and obviously not meant to take their musical direction away from the unadulterated ass-kicking.

Metalheads only hate on AC/DC because alot of non-metalheads like them.

If you really want to be that "kvlt", go shove an inverted cross up your fucking ass.

Motorhead is basically just Bon Scott era AC/DC with faster drumming and cruder lyrics/vocals. I actually listen to the two groups side by side quite often - they both have pretty much the same mindset as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty sure the 'crying about being heartbroken' theme is in both bands as well.

I can' think of one single AC/DC song that fits that description. "Ride On" would be closest, but it's hardly a theme FFS.

All Motorhead's early albums are great, apart from the very first one. If I had to pick just ONE, it would be "Overkill". Because "I'll Be Your Sister" is on it. And "No Class".

Anyways two albums I like alot are Orgasmatron and 1916 (who would of thought Lemmy could sing a nice moving song - the title track)...

These are excatly the ones I would go for. 1916 is a bit different, that makes it for me. Ace of Spades, Bomber, Iron Fist, Overkill and others are all killer albums, but as somebody already said it is kind of all the same (but still great !). AC/DC is a good comparison from that point of view, and still one my favorite bands ever. :kickass:

Overkill, Bomber & Another Perfect Day are my favourite choice o' poison but Bomber probably scraps through as my favourite studio album. Actually, No Remorse still gets played heaps in my house too - If i was to recomend or only have one album this could well be it - after all, it has Killed by Death on there.

i'd actually recommend the album 1916. that is a hugely overlooked album.

as far as ac/dc goes, bon scott era rules, the first 2 johnson era albums are good and so is razors edge. ballbreaker and stiff upper lip are decent too. the ac/dc albums between 1983 and 1989 are pretty weak though.

btw i wish when they remastered the catalog they added bonus tracks or something. why not put big gun on an album as a bonus track? either get rid of '74 jailbreak e.p. and make those songs bonus tracks to bon scott albums plus the missing sott era tracks or add another 5 unreleased in the united states bon era tracks to the e.p. here in america theres still no official release of some great songs, crabsody in blue, rock in peace, cold hearted man, fling thing, school days, stick around and love song

I don't know that it was overlooked, that record brought them some attention at least in the USA. It was the most accessible album they have done and the hardcore fans doen't always speak highly of 1916 or March or Die for that matter. March or Die does have a fucking killer version of "Cat Scratch Fever."

I don't know that it was overlooked, that record brought them some attention at least in the USA. It was the most accessible album they have done and the hardcore fans doen't always speak highly of 1916 or March or Die for that matter. March or Die does have a fucking killer version of "Cat Scratch Fever."

i like both of those albums

as far as ac/dc goes, bon scott era rules, the first 2 johnson era albums are good and so is razors edge. ballbreaker and stiff upper lip are decent too. the ac/dc albums between 1983 and 1989 are pretty weak though.

1916 = I already mentioned it so it wasn't overlooked :yuk:

AC/DC = Saying only the Bon era rules is very kultish. And the albums between 83 and 89 were very good imo. Johnson filled Bon's shoes well. the main thing about Bon was his personality more then his vocals. All the albums before Blow Up your Video are excellent imo as well as ballbreaker, razor's edge etc.

I consider myself a hardcore fan and always speak highly of 1916.

1916 = I already mentioned it so it wasn't overlooked :yuk:

AC/DC = Saying only the Bon era rules is very kultish. And the albums between 83 and 89 were very good imo. Johnson filled Bon's shoes well. the main thing about Bon was his personality more then his vocals. All the albums before Blow Up your Video are excellent imo as well as ballbreaker, razor's edge etc.

I consider myself a hardcore fan and always speak highly of 1916.

i didn't mean overlooked in this thread, i mean overlooked by fans. very few fans ever mention that album.

as far as ac/dc goes, there are a lot of people who like bon era more. i like his lyrics more, just a fact

your overlooking the Young brothers in the lyrics department as well as their lead/rhythm guitars which Bon had nothing to do with... Bon was more personality then anything else imo and that is what is favored about him by the majority of Bon era fans much like Lemmy...