Motorhead

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I was asked by someone a while back if I could recommend a Motorhead album to them what would it be? Well, I have a soft spot for Orgasmatron and Rock 'n' Roll because I bought those two albums on the same day and they are still great ones in my book. That said before I knew it I was drawing up a list of 5 then 10 records. While some might say that this band much like AC/DC keep recycling the same stuff over and over I beg to differ. I would go a far as to say that Motorhead IS superior. I have looked over my Motorhead collection adn the only albums I'm missing are Bastards and Snake Bite Love both of which I have never heard or owned previously... Which brings me to ask, could you recommend just one Motorhead album?!

I've only heard one album, Iron Fist, and that was because I wanted to hear the original version of the title track, after hearing the cover Sodom did.

I like Sodom's version better. :/

I only own two Motorhead albums: Ace of Spades and Inferno.

I would recommend either.

Those are my 2 favorites...
I have March Or Die, Bomber, Ace Of Spades, Iron Fist, Inferno, and Overnight Sensation, but Inferno is my overall favorite for some reason...I like Ace Of Spades a lot but think that overall it is kind of overrated (album not song). For me, the song never seems to get old, but to each his own...

As for AC/DC, I have over the years collected most of their discography. Not willingly, though - people just keep giving me this crap. The only song I really like is Girls Got Rhythm. They seem like a good live band, but Angus Young is really overrated as a guitarist and they don't write good music.

the reason i'd recommend ace of spades is because its their first album and really hits the spot of what motorhead is all about
Yup. It definitely is their first album, and not their fourth*. Genius. I'd forgive you but those first three (Motorhead, Bomber, and Overkill) are just a little bit famous.

*I'm not counting On Parole here, for no good reason.