Clutch!

fading

Graphic Designer
Mar 20, 2002
oak harbor, wa
www.tonylambraphicdesigns.com
I had heard of them for a long time, but never heard their music until now. I think they are pretty freakin good. I dig their sound. I also like the singers raspy swager in his voice. The first tune I heard from them was 'Burning Beard' and dug the tune. What is everyones thoughts on this band.

LOVE them.

They're essentially a local band around here where I live, so I've been familiar with them for quite a while. Was a HUGE fan of their s/t album... but all their followup albums after that didn't really strike my fancy as consistently.

Up until the last 2 that is. The new one "robot hive/exodus" is deserving of classic status.

Clutch rules. I have all thier albums. Got to see them @ SOTU last summer and they kicked ass. Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth was watching and seemed to really enjoy their set.

Chromatose said:
LOVE them.

They're essentially a local band around here where I live, so I've been familiar with them for quite a while. Was a HUGE fan of their s/t album... but all their followup albums after that didn't really strike my fancy as consistently.

Up until the last 2 that is. The new one "robot hive/exodus" is deserving of classic status.

took the words out of my mouth on every part! :tickled:

I agree Derick.

<3 <3 <3

desktop09_800.jpg

The only clutch song I've heard seemed pretty lame, if I remember correctly the main lyric was "1 2, a 2 2 1, ...etc." So explain to me, was this really Clutch or am I imagining things, and if so, is it a bad example of their work or something?

Clutch is one of Maryland's finest (I presume). My friends Shane & Danny really like them and to me they're like "Stoner/70's/Fuzz rock". I've seen thme live twice and they're a good band. I suggest listening such releases as Pure Rock Fury, Jam Room, Blast Tyrant, Elephant Riders, Robot Hive/Exodus, Transinternational Speedway League (or whatever its called) and the self titled. Not exactly my cup o" tea but a good band to say the least.

the chorus to 10001110101 is kinda lame, but the rest of the song is pretty bad ass.

on that cd i really like the first track, forget the name now.