Cob 10 years: huge birthday party to be arranged.

Kekkonen's Parrot

On your shoulder.
Jan 18, 2007
FIN
CoB will arrange a two-day birthday party in Helsinki!!!

Lähde/Source: Ilta-Sanomat

(English translation can be found below on this page.)

Children Of Bodom järjestää kymmenvuotisjuhlat
Juhlat pidetään Helsingissä Alexi Laiho paljastaa bändin järjestävän kunnon pirskeet. Children Of Bodomin ensimmäisen albumin Something Wildin ilmestymisestä tulee kuluneeksi marraskuussa kymmenen vuotta. Sen kunniaksi Bodom-viisikko aikoo laittaa pystyyn kunnon kinkerit.

- Suunnitelmissa on kaksi-iltainen tapahtuma, jossa ensimmäisenä iltana soitamme itse. Yleisölle myydään myös lippuja, vaikka paikalle onkin tulossa paljon kutsuvieraita. Jälkimmäisenä iltana keskitymme juhlimiseen yksityisemmissä merkeissä, tosin saatamme silloinkin päätyä hetkellisesti lavalle esiintymään. Pääosin silloin soittavat kuitenkin muut, Bodom-pomo Alexi Laiho suunnittelee.

Helsingissä vietettävien juhlien tarkkaa ajankohtaa ei ole vielä päätetty, mutta marraskuuhun tähdätään. Esiintyminen omissa kymmenvuotisbileissä katkaisee Bodomien reilun viikon päästä alkavan, ensi kevääseen jatkuvan keikkatauon, jonka aikana äänitetään alkuvuodesta ilmestyvä uutuusalbumi.

Viisikko ei ole esittänyt kesän festivaaleilla yhtään uutta biisiä. Sellaista ei ole luvassa perjantaina Ruisrockissakaan.

- Siitä voi syyttää niitä pellejä, jotka äänittävät biisit ja laittavat ne heti nettiin. On sääli, että homma on mennyt tähän, etteivät bändit voi enää vetää uusia kipaleita ennalta.

Uusista kappaleista tullaan kuulemaan ensimmäisenä biisi Tie My Rope, joka on mukana Bam Margeran syyskuussa julkaisemalla kansainvälisellä Viva La Bands 2 -kokoelmalla. Kappale tulee myös Bodomien omalle albumille.

Damn, I wasn't sure whether I should make a thread about this or not. Well, it's too late now, hehe. :)

Would be fucking awesome to get to that party! Unfortunately I'm in the army until next january so there's no chance for me to get there. :erk:

Source: Ilta-Sanomat

Translation:

Children of Bodom will arrange a 10th. anniversary birthday party. The party will be held in Helsinki. Alexi Laiho revealed, that the band will arrange a proper birthday bash. Next November will mark the 10th anniversary of the release of Something Wild, CoB's first album. To honor that, the quintet will arrange a birthday party.

We're planning to arrange a two-night event where we ourself will perform on the frst night. Tickets will be sold to the audience, even though there will be many invited guests. On the second night we'll concentrate on partying more privately, but we might indeed end up on the stage, at least for small moments. Anyhow, other bands will mainly perform on the second night, plans Bodom-boss Alexi Laiho.

The exact date for the (Helsinki) party has not been decided yet, but we're aiming on november. Performing in their own birthday party will interrupt the gig break, which is to begin next week and continue all the way to next spring. CoB will record a new album during this time.

The quintet has not played any new songs on the summer festivals so far. That will not happen in Ruisrock next weekend neither.

The blame for this goes for the idiots who will instantly record the songs and distribute them in the internet. It's a shame that it has come to this, bands can't play new songs beforehand anymore.

The first new song to be released will be Tie My Rope which will be included in Bam Margera's international "Viva La Bands 2" collection. The song will also be found from the new CoB album.

edit: grammar.

(I personally will try my all to get a ticket, but I have this feeling in my bones that they'll be sold out in a nanosecond :))

The party sounds awesome too bad I could never be there :lol: and it's so true about not being able to play new songs etc. really sucks.

Translation:

Children of Bodom will arrange a 10 year birthday party. The party will be held in Helsinki. Alexi Laiho revealed, that the band will arrange a proper birthday bash. Next November will mark the 10th anniversary of the release of Something Wild, CoB's first album. To honor that, the quintet will arrange a birthday party.

We're planning to arrange a two-night event where we ourself will perform on the frst night. Tickets will be sold to the audience, even though there will be many invited guests. On the second night we'll concentrate on partying more privately, but we might indeed end up on the stage, at least for small moments. Anyhow, other bands will perform on the second night, plans Bodom-boss Alexi Laiho.

The exact date for the (Helsinki) party has not been decided yet, but we're aiming on november. Performing in their own birthday party will interrupt the gig break, which is to begin next week and continue all the way to next spring. CoB will record a new album during this time.

The quintet has not played any new songs on the summer festivals so far. That will not happen in Ruisrock next weekend either.

The blame for this goes for the idiots who will instantly record the songs and distribute them in the internet. It's a shame that it has come to this, bands can't play new songs beforehand anymore.

The first new song to be released will be Tie My Rope which will be included in Bam Margera's international "Viva La Bands 2" collection. The song will also be found from the new CoB album.

edit: grammar.

Thank you very much for the translation!

What a nice place to play Tie My Rope live for the first time....

I might be able to go if I can get my hands on a ticket.
Haven't been on holiday for years now, so this could be a really good one :p

edit: thanks for the translation Parrot :D

Again and again , i wish i lived in Finland..
That's birthday party sounds so amazing , and still my birthday is in November.

PS. workin on a teleporter machine.