COB added to Guitar Hero 5

Well thank fuck the whole GH and Cock Band trend is fading away. I would love to see the band getting a lot more money but without spoiling it for everyone. For everyone who wants it to be the hardest song on the game... you're fucking retarded, through the fire and the flames was the hardest song on the last game and look what happened to dragonforce :puke: I used to like dragonforce just a bit before that game came out and then I turned to hating them due to what happened. If anything the song that will be chosen will be chosen by the record company and WONT be the song that most represents the bands sound and it will rather be a promotion tool for Blooddrunk. If the scenario happens then we will have 1,000,000 kids running around saying oooh I like this one song from COB because it was on GH but all the rest suck. Which is better than kids running around in full on cob attire saying "OMG! COB RAWWWKS!!! They was on the GH and that makes them awesome".

Well yeah, Dragonforce's album sales went through the roof like a rocket, but the fact is that Through the Fire And Flames is the most played track 'cause it's on GH, so it must be good according to that. But wasn't it in the game before last GH? Not a big fan of them soooo.... And ya, I'd also want them to make some more money so they'll get more booze and stuff you know? I doubt it will be the "hardest" song, and besides, that DF shit is said to be "the hardest song in GH" so it makes it even cooler. Hell yeah. It doesn't bother me if, well, WHEN all GH kids start running around and telling how cob is the best band ever based on DWEDFN and stuff, but I really feel embarassed for every "OMGOMG COB OMG AAHH LOVELOVE ALEXI <3<3<3<3 U GUYS ROCK PLEASE COME HERE!!!111" comment, but all you can do is a facepalm...

Well yeah, Dragonforce's album sales went through the roof like a rocket, but the fact is that Through the Fire And Flames is the most played track 'cause it's on GH, so it must be good according to that. But wasn't it in the game before last GH? Not a big fan of them soooo.... And ya, I'd also want them to make some more money so they'll get more booze and stuff you know? I doubt it will be the "hardest" song, and besides, that DF shit is said to be "the hardest song in GH" so it makes it even cooler. Hell yeah. It doesn't bother me if, well, WHEN all GH kids start running around and telling how cob is the best band ever based on DWEDFN and stuff, but I really feel embarassed for every "OMGOMG COB OMG AAHH LOVELOVE ALEXI <3<3<3<3 U GUYS ROCK PLEASE COME HERE!!!111" comment, but all you can do is a facepalm...

Yeah, I'm probably going to take that approach too. the fact of the matter is that Ive been listening to COB for over 6 years and they have made some great music. I dislike the fact that I live in the US now and there are your typical scene whores and "metal heads (the killswitch engage types)" that think the new cob is the best thing since sliced bread... It is frustrating when people get all in my face when I wear a cob t shirt telling me how much they love blooddrunk because compared to killswitch engage it's the most br00tal thing ever but all I can do is facepalm and listen to all of the great music that these idiot disregard and laugh about how much they are missing out on.

How can you guys be cool with this?, if they do more stuff like this COB it's gonna end up like a fu$#&n sell-out/video game band like dragonforce D:

How can you guys be cool with this?, if they do more stuff like this COB it's gonna end up like a fu$#&n sell-out/video game band like dragonforce D:

I would suggest the majority of kids find a plastic guitar at their disposal these days rather than a real one. The point is to slot one of your band's songs in there for the sector of people who enjoy guitar-driven music, in order to become fans of the music and evidently invest in your band in some way. The problem I have is with the song they chose for this. It's fucking lame.

I don't think that's going to happen considering the Bodom songs in the games aren't really anything that people are going to "ZOMG TIS IS SO AWESOME!!!"

I'm not a big fan of guitar hero or rockband, but idk wtf all of you flame on it about it.

It's just a fucking game, no less, no more.

I don't think that's going to happen considering the Bodom songs in the games aren't really anything that people are going to "ZOMG TIS IS SO AWESOME!!!"

I'm not a big fan of guitar hero or rockband, but idk wtf all of you flame on it about it.

It's just a fucking game, no less, no more.

You're wrong, it may only be a game but still.

The previous posts just sums it all up quite good acually.

/A

You're wrong, it may only be a game but still.

The previous posts just sums it all up quite good acually.

/A

Yeah, I understand all that whole "people should learn real guitar, it's more rewarding". I agree. I think it is an over-rated game, and people do take it to seriously.

I agree with all of that stuff, but to sit here and make a fuss about it, who the fuck cares??? Really, it's not affecting my skill as a guitarist so let people play it.

If anything alot of people are discovering music they never would have otherwise, but at the same time people do take it to extremes and don't seem to realize it's just a game.

Here's something both groups need to realize (the people who love it and the people who hate it)= It's just a game and it won't even be relevant in maybe 6 years give or take, so why get so worked up over something that isn't going to matter for too long anyways.

Even if I were wrong and it was around for years to come, if you don't like it, it's not like you're going to be criticized for playing real guitar. Let people pretend it's the point of video games..

Now that you've read all that, know I also hate both of those games, I just don't get all pissy about it

Yeah, I understand all that whole "people should learn real guitar, it's more rewarding". I agree. I think it is an over-rated game, and people do take it to seriously.

I agree with all of that stuff, but to sit here and make a fuss about it, who the fuck cares??? Really, it's not affecting my skill as a guitarist so let people play it.

If anything alot of people are discovering music they never would have otherwise, but at the same time people do take it to extremes and don't seem to realize it's just a game.

Here's something both groups need to realize (the people who love it and the people who hate it)= It's just a game and it won't even be relevant in maybe 6 years give or take, so why get so worked up over something that isn't going to matter for too long anyways.

Even if I were wrong and it was around for years to come, if you don't like it, it's not like you're going to be criticized for playing real guitar. Let people pretend it's the point of video games..

Now that you've read all that, know I also hate both of those games, I just don't get all pissy about it

Well, i don't play real guitar so. I've also been into GH for a while, bought it for a long time ago, played it in like a month, did not go to well ether (A) Have't finished Hard yet. Anyhow, now it only lays here and collect dust. Well spent 900 sek!..

What i was mostly refering to is the way people start to se bodom, like dragonforce. :)

A little dumb way of describing it but, hope you got it, sure you did. = )

And how did people start to see dragonforce? I still see them the same way I always have: A band with pretty amazing chops but all of their songs sound pretty much the same so I can only take so much of them. I'm 90% sure that Through The Fire was already sort of their "go to" song before it was ever on GH as they had a music video for it and all. All GH did was bring more exposure and radio play- and isn't that the usual goal for a band? As much exposure as possible? If anyone says "no," then they might as well start a band and just stay in their garage, as every band I've ever heard of wanted to go out, play shows, and get signed. And if you get signed, you might as well accept the fact that your label is gonna try to push your shit for as much money as they can get.

And I still don't understand why someone elses opinion of a band effects your own. Vainamoinen said something about hating DF after GH came out and everyone else had some opinion of DF. What does it matter to you if some 6 year old thinks their the shit? Just be glad that people are being exposed to, and liking, more than just hip hop and boy bands like they did a few years ago. Most people still are only familiar with the shit songs they play on the radio and MTV, anyway.

Dragonforce is just one of those bands who write the same song over and over again. It's their lack of creativity that's a problem, not GH or popularity or w/e. they were just lucky and managed to make a quick buck with it, but regardless they're as good (or bad) as any other pop-power-"metal" band. Except that if they weren't on GH nobody would even talk about them :rolleyes:

So yeah, there's quite a difference between "band that's popular bcs it's on GH" and a "band that's on GH because it's popular". Being on GH or Rockband didn't make KISS or Iron Maiden any worse/better than before, so I don't see why it should apply to any other band from category 2.

I play guitarhero, I have that drumkit as well, and each time I play nile on that drumkit I'm kinda on deep water if you know what i mean

Just in case some people still play GH: There are some rumours that "If you want peace... prepare for war" will be on upcoming GH 6. Dunno how reliable that rumours are, though.