CoB fans in canada.

Something Wild is a pretty overrated, IMO. Sure, it has a very atmospheric feel but the only songs that have a good flow and are truly memorable are Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom... Touch Like An Angel Of Death is pretty structured too.. but songs like The Nail, In The Shadows, RLIME 1 and 2 and pretty much 'messes' of songs. I think some of the songs on the album could have been more tightly constructed as there are some sweet riffs. But overall I think COB reached truly found their style with Hatebreeder and reached their pinnacle as a band at Follow The Reaper.

GhostOfPerdition said:
Something Wild is a pretty overrated, IMO. Sure, it has a very atmospheric feel but the only songs that have a good flow and are truly memorable are Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom... Touch Like An Angel Of Death is pretty structured too.. but songs like The Nail, In The Shadows, RLIME 1 and 2 and pretty much 'messes' of songs. I think some of the songs on the album could have been more tightly constructed as there are some sweet riffs. But overall I think COB reached truly found their style with Hatebreeder and reached their pinnacle as a band at Follow The Reaper.

I agree, SW isnt really over rated but yes the songs are quite messy, and yes the pinnacle was Follow the reaper. But this AYDY shit is fucking retarded...
I hope something fucks them all up and they go mental and start playing old style.. Lol

Yeah AYDY is probably their worst or maybe second-worst album, but the standard they set earlier is almost impossible to live up to without copying the older stuff. Plus I think there are some classics on AYDY, like Are You Dead Yet? and Bastards of Bodom, although these songs don't hit me the way songs from Hatebreeder and FTR did. Overall AYDY is a good album, but it disappoints compared to COBs previous works.

I guess I'll see Elanor at the Medley this Thursday!!!

Hi all im from fucking quebec(beauport) and iv been listening to cob since HCDR release but discover this forum in july... So that's it , hate me was t3h first song that i heard and this song fucking rulz..I'll see cob in 4 days!And recently, I bought AYDY, and like Bodom bluegrass said, AYDY is a good album but im a bit dissapointed compared to their previous works.

There are enough Canadian's here to create and army.

Or maybe just a HUGE group of folks all saying "ay?"

:)

Kiddin' Guys, I love Canada.

Thanks man.

Seriously though, I do really like Canada. Being scottish we have loadsa ties over there, and anytime I have visited the country i've always really liked the people and the atmosphere.

The national word is spelled like this: 'eh'

Every hockey-watching, bacon-eating, overly-polite, metalhead should know that. Although maybe there are regional variations...

Bodom Bluegrass said:
Yeah AYDY is probably their worst or maybe second-worst album, but the standard they set earlier is almost impossible to live up to without copying the older stuff. Plus I think there are some classics on AYDY, like Are You Dead Yet? and Bastards of Bodom, although these songs don't hit me the way songs from Hatebreeder and FTR did. Overall AYDY is a good album, but it disappoints compared to COBs previous works.

I guess I'll see Elanor at the Medley this Thursday!!!

dude, Second worst?...What the fuck. Whats more shitty then AYDY?...

I'm from Montreal, (I live in Mascouche, for who whant to know).

I've heard Chidreln first time it's been about... 2 year and half.

I'm french speaking, so my english his little bit poor, but I hope it's okay.

AYDY is in my top 6 album ever with Something Wild, Hatebreeder, Warheart Live In Tokyo, Follow The Reaper, and Hate Crew Deathroll. (ha-ha). It's just different, but good enought to be Children.

But in my opinion, Something Wild, Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are from Children Of Bodom and Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet? are from COBHC.

Ah and what again, I don't give a fuck...

Im an Ontarioite and the music seen around the London ontario area is ok, there are some really cool bands in the Peterbourogh area and of course there are some killer band in toronto. But since I am around London I know a lot of the bands around here, and that includes my band Möltar(shameless self promotion).

I love local scenes because the music is raw, and fresh, and without the tampering of producers or any one else. Bands like Nothing Left For Tomorrow, Seething, are all great bands that I see becoming household names someday in the near future.

Oh and for CoB, I heard stuff from HB and FtR and was blown away, can't say that HCDR and AYDY are better but I find some merrit in the newer sound, better production, but more geared towards a live sound that is easier to hear.

Bodom Bluegrass said:
The national word is spelled like this: 'eh'

Every hockey-watching, bacon-eating, overly-polite, metalhead should know that. Although maybe there are regional variations...

i'm not canadian though,. so you can forgive me.

Well here's another one from canada (montreal) that's going to the show on thursday. :headbang:
First song i ever heard was Silent Night,Bodom Night when i accidently downloaded it almost 2 years ago and i'm fucking happy i did. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan though but they certainly amaze me. I mostly love their older stuff though...so i'm pretty disapointed aswell with the new album...alot less melodic i find...which is what got me hooked on their old stuff.
It's good...just not great.

P.S: All metalheads should move to Montreal (or Toronto). Montreal is like the capital of Metal in canada...seriously.

^ :lol: That's true! Montreal is like crazy when it comes to metal bands! Ottawa has a REALLY nice underground metal scene though . . . . It doesn't get advertised openly so you'd need to be a true metal head to know where all the good shows are. :loco: