CoB fans in canada.

a few years back, I heard Children of Bodom once. I was fucking amazed. I had previously been playing guitar for a while, nothing like mad, I was about 11. When I heard COB that one time, I suddenly became determined to play the shit out of COB's guitar solos and songs. The first one i learned was Downfall, I felt it was easy enough to start out with it. Then I progressed on to stuff such as Bed of Razors, Children of Decadence, Kissing the Shadows (currently working on) and taste of my scythe. Right now I'm 16 and I have to say, Children of Bodom is one of, if not the, most influential band(s) for myself. I am in a band, and I can play almost anything you can think of. I play almost 4 hours a day, and I am determined to reach Alexi's stage by the time I am in my 20's.

I'm getting ready to see COB in toronto in december. It would be an honour to meet the dudes but just seeing them on stage makes me go mad.

COB = GODS

oh yeah, and Im from Kitchener, Ontario

Silver Incubus said:
Im an Ontarioite and the music seen around the London ontario area is ok, there are some really cool bands in the Peterbourogh area and of course there are some killer band in toronto. But since I am around London I know a lot of the bands around here, and that includes my band Möltar(shameless self promotion).

I love local scenes because the music is raw, and fresh, and without the tampering of producers or any one else. Bands like Nothing Left For Tomorrow, Seething, are all great bands that I see becoming household names someday in the near future.

Oh and for CoB, I heard stuff from HB and FtR and was blown away, can't say that HCDR and AYDY are better but I find some merrit in the newer sound, better production, but more geared towards a live sound that is easier to hear.
This guy rules, btw ^.

haha thanks. Did you ever get back into that Cryptopsy/Suffication show, I didn't see ya. I'm going to the dec 12 Cob show, are you going to either of them. I'd like to spend more time chatting but my friend was in a bit of a rush to get to the show,(and so was I) heh. But it was definately cool meeting ya and I would like to again.

Silver Incubus said:
haha thanks. Did you ever get back into that Cryptopsy/Suffication show, I didn't see ya. I'm going to the dec 12 Cob show, are you going to either of them. I'd like to spend more time chatting but my friend was in a bit of a rush to get to the show,(and so was I) heh. But it was definately cool meeting ya and I would like to again.

No problem man... haha yeah I did! I was talking to Claire and Riley when I got back in actually. How come you're not going to the show on Friday? :confused:
Yeah man, it was great to meet you. Definately a pleasure.

November 9, ( in 2 day) i go to the show at Quebec city and November 10 I'll go for the show at Montreal , rockon. :headbang:

Segger said:
is Oshawa just a funny spelling for ottowa or is there actually a place in canada called Oshawa lol
They're both within a couple of hours of each other. One is the capital, one is a Ford plant with houses around it (or something like that).