COB Interviews

I'm just listening to the Jaska interview in Finnish and why the fuck are the interviewers recycling the same interview for a million times! Only one interview with the same questions and same answers for each album?!? How fucking lame is it to just google for the recent interview and ask the same questions? I understand you can't know what's going on with every band, but you should have creativity if working as a journo in METAL community.

Honestly the questions I asked Alexi in the prequel to the new album were the most interesting ones EVER asked from the band.

No amount of complaining here won't change the interviews, since the interviewers aren't seemingly capable of doing extensive journalism, let alone use the golden fucking platforms (this forum/social media) for coming up with interesting questions.

I'd love people going the extra mile to make the interviews worthwhile, I mean how awesome would it be if some journo came to us for advice, like the thing with the mobile backstage app, that was great.

But no, too much work, no pride whatsoever in anything.

I think nowadays in internet media we shouldn't call it journalism. And there is no point getting so annoyed here, in this place - the issue is not limited to COB, or music interviews. With 24/7 and internet media journalism in general is a massive pile of garbage.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have some old HCDR studio reports/interviews or links to them? Most of the old stuff is deleted beyond 2004 at this forum and scythes-of-bodom has been down for almost a decade so all the old useful stuff is gone.

Heeeeeeeeeeey I wanted to post it myseeeeeeelf :(

Oh well.. so, that's me..
We have our website for 6 years now and we're trying out new stuff.
First video interview ever haha, so quality isn't that great (yet)

The rest of the interview can be found at the link you've posted indeed (my friend forgot some questions so I just added them :p )

shit, poor alexi, that solo sounded horrible, i can imagine when people put you on the spot and you have a shitty amp to plug into and you haven't warmed up
but really that was painful, poor him

I would be nervous as shit to play with Alexi, i think i would forget every note i learned for Downfall :D

But the Amp was really bullshit...

As much as I despise musical excuses, that amp wasn't set up for any lead playing. Even the first riff sounds choppy as hell, despite Alexi playing it right.