COB Interviews

Alexi confirms he's been writing new CoB riffs! Also his new book will be translated to english at some point after which is exciting news for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10684937 this is more about the upcoming book in finnish but there's an interesting thing about Roope...
Alexi says that Roope didn't show up to the recordings of IWC on time (and when he did the playing wouldnt work out) and thats partly why he was kicked out. Also that he briefly considered letting Roope back into the band but then changed his mind because Roope had been spreading rumours and talking shit about the COB guys, especiallly Alexi.

Otherwise this is not much new if you have read the Error interview and that long af radio interview I translated a few years ago

Last edited:
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10684937 this is more about the upcoming book in finnish but there's an interesting thing about Roope...
Alexi says that Roope didn't show up to the recordings of IWC on time (and when he did the playing wouldnt work out) and thats partly why he was kicked out. Also that he briefly considered letting Roope back into the band but then changed his mind because Roope had been spreading rumours and talking shit about the COB guys, especiallly Alexi.

Otherwise this is not much new if you have read the Error interview and that long af radio interview I translated a few years ago

I would really like to hear the other side of this story, finally. Since the event break out there are only rumours from both sides. Alexi said something, the whole thing has occured during HOB, Roope didn't show up etc. But nothing concrete...

Alexi: I don't want to go into details.
Roope: They made me shut my mouth

^ They're talking about the amount of booze they used to have backstage. Not as much nowadays since they have cut down on the drinking but they used to have the biggest amounts of booze out of all other bands in European festivals. Also they used to request a whole pineapple as a joke. But since you pay for it all yourself the list becomes shorter as years go by because it's useless to pay for shit as a joke every night.

https://www.is.fi/musiikki/art-2000006034612.html
So here's more book quotes about the Roope issue

Alexi says that the reason why no one really commented on it was that they had all signed an agreement that they would not publicly talk about this. But since Roope had talked to YLE now Alexi feels he can tell more;
-"In our band you can fuck up quite a lot before the others react to it. It will only be a problem if it becomes a habit"
-Roope would frequently miss rehearsals and would not answer his phone when they tried to ask where he was
-"For the last two years he had missed like half of our band practices"
-"A 45 year old should know you can't just stop answering your calls. It doesn't work that way"
-Came in to the IWC recordings a week late and his playing was very poor quality, had really lame excuses for not showing up. And wasn't even sorry for it. "There's audio proof if you don't wanna believe me"
-"It's really not fair that the rest of us have this all rehearsed and we come in early ready for recording just to have to wait for one guy."
-"He pretty much kicked himself out with his behaviour"
-"He hadn't put any effort into this band in the last couple years and he walked out with 200 000€ in his pocket"

Tbh this just I just find this very funny bc Roope talked so dramatically like "Oh I went there with my guitars nice and clean and the songs rehearsed and they just told me to fuck off!!" Really just can't take that YLE venting interview seriously anymore. Not that I have in a long time. Don't get me wrong I miss that guy and wish him all the best but this is just bullshit imo.

Last edited:
Well, that's some serious charges by Alexi there, I'm not saying he falsely accuse Roope, don't missunderstand me. But I would still hear his (Roope's) full story. Hopefully, after this book release, they start a face to face conversation in RadioRock or something, a dispute (they should be able to handle their wounds after 3+ years)
To tell you the truth, I think Roope simply got tired of constant touring, he is ~10 years older, he is on the stage since ~1985. Probably, he could not decide what to do, on one hand, he would settled down, on the other hand, there were the money and the fact, being active. But he failed to communicate this towards the band, instead he took on this "don't give a shit" attitude...

I think there's also the whole drinking issue here that Roope talked about on YLE. As Alexi said in an interview in Soundi "our priorities were flipped upside down and suddenly drinking was the most important thing when it should be the music" Tbh I feel like the rest of the band wanted to flip it back to the music being the priority snd cut down on the booze but Roope didn't and called the band a "Fuckin sunday school".
What I find absolutely disrespectful is that Roope made it sound like it's somehow Alexi's fault that he's now drinking so much in a shitty bar every day. You and only you are ever responsible for the things you do and your friends can't save you from alcohol if you don't want to stop. Alexi of all people knows this.
"Well alexi has become an arrogant rock star and looks at me like I'm something less than him" With all that Alexi's said I can imagine why.

And just how drama usually works; They signed an agreement to keep this private and between them. But somehow Roope needed to get out and act like the victim and talj shit about Alexi. Which was the basic things everyone says about Alexi; arrogant asshole. How creative. And my bullshit meter started ringing when he said "I guess just anyone could replace me :(" It's a shitty comment towards Daniel and Antti and also just basically sounds like he felt he could never be replaced so he could do whatever. I get it like he's a legendary guitarist and one of Alexi's idols so seems unlikely you'd be kicked out.

I'm just mad bc I got people coming up to me in bars going like "oh your idol Alexi yeah that fuckin fag ruined Roope's life what do you think is he that great still?"

Last edited:
Saatana Alexi's Arms...:yow:
Yeah... we've talked about it on the New album topic.

Interview with Henkka:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ch...ecision-to-re-record-2004-song-knuckleduster/

" On choosing which new songs to play live:

Henkka: "That was actually a positive problem we had. We ended up choosing four songs for videos — two proper videos, and two lyric videos. After that decision was made, then it was quite easy — we will at least pick up those songs for rehearsing, and then we will see if we're going to play them live and how they're going to be taken by the crowd."

On the band's decision to re-record the 2004 song "Knuckleduster":

Henkka: "We had been thinking about it for a long time, because all of us really like the song, and it felt that it somehow [was] not getting the attention that it should have because it was the B-side of an EP. We thought about it, and then this time, we somehow decided to do it. I'm really glad – I think it's one of the best songs we've ever done, and now it's part of an actual album. I hope it gets the attention that it should get." "

he looks like a fuckin ethiopian........yikes!
its like dude! just drink a protein shake or something come on!

" Interview with Henkka T. Blacksmith of CHILDREN OF BODOM, before the band's concert in Santa Ana, California. Henkka tells us about the recording process of COB's 10th studio "Hexed" and how he came up with the idea for the amazing cover artwork. Henkka also shares the stories behind the videos for "Platitudes And Barren Words" and "This Road", and reveals how the reaper became an important symbol of the band. Recorded at The Observatory in Santa Ana, Orange County, on April 2nd, 2019. "

Reactions: mrs.bodOm
95db438cfd.jpg

https://www.musicradar.com/news/ale...tqCT6AkqrkPYEDkTUFy7PZlui0di-iG6BkqTAkSQYeoQw