COB Interviews

He also said once that he´d like to play Knuckleduster live, but the others won´t. Now it´s two reasons why they should listen to him more often :D

Exactly, Knuckleduster is such a cool song like,and especially since it's not on any album they should treat us to it at concerts :kickass: I'm sure it'd get a great response and all..they hardly will tho since Alexi doesn't like it so much :/ About the album length, think Allu said he wants to keep the albums short so as not to bore the listener so I doubt they'd do a 12 song album, I'm sure he's not the band dictator or anything but I can't see it happening..they should do it though imo..it's not like cob songs last 10 mins long each and that 12 songs would last too long..

Exactly, Knuckleduster is such a cool song like,and especially since it's not on any album they should treat us to it at concerts :kickass: I'm sure it'd get a great response and all..they hardly will tho since Alexi doesn't like it so much :/ About the album length, think Allu said he wants to keep the albums short so as not to bore the listener so I doubt they'd do a 12 song album, I'm sure he's not the band dictator or anything but I can't see it happening..they should do it though imo..it's not like cob songs last 10 mins long each and that 12 songs would last too long..
Sure, I get Alexi´s point that he wants the album to have the best songs in it, not just some simple stuff he isn´t satisfied with. But I´m a fan and therefore I just can´t get enough :)

thanks, mocobhc :) interesting what he said about the band needing to communicate more with each other, and yeah, it would be good to
have 12 songs per album but, as happilemon said, I don't see Alexi being up for it

He also said once that he´d like to play Knuckleduster live, but the others won´t. Now it´s two reasons why they should listen to him more often :D

Yea he also told me he likes the song, I think it's so NOT like the old COB but it still somehow kicks so much ass I think they should play it. He thinks Tie My Rope is crap tho. And no, 12 songs on a COB album? Wake the fuck up. 9 is the maximum.

It sucks that he's sick of playing Tie My Rope, since it's one of my favorites. But oh well.

I don't really care if there's 9 or 12 songs on the album as long as they're good.

And I doubt there are any, but I hope there's no communication issues starting. No reason to blow one thing Henkka said off-handedly out of proportion, though.

You don't just make COB songs, they're all supposed to be hits so all ideas are used for 9 songs which is not too much and not too little. I wouldn't compromise quality with amount.

Exactly.

And you can't fault them for not doing more than 9 when it's pretty much one person who does almost all the songwriting. Considering how involved each one is, it's already quite impressive.

Agreed with both of you, that´s what I meant with 'not just some simple stuff he isn´t satisfied with'. "OK people here´s our new album, we recommend listening to the first eight songs which are excellent, the rest is crap but we had to fill it up to 12" :lol:

For example COB used all the material they had for Blooddrunk, but they weren't happy with 2 of the songs, then Alexi figured they have the same tempo and he fused them together using the best ideas from each of them, and it became Roadkill Morning. Would you rather have 2 crap songs than RKM?

Well, first of all, thanks for a great interview, I really liked it, it was quite nice and Henkka said some interesting, things like the lenght of the albums, about which I do agree with him, IMO Alexi is as capable as writing 9 kickass songs as he is of writing 8 or 10 or 7 or 11 or whatever. Maybe a bit more or less time for it, dunno, but I do think he can, which doesn't mean I'm not happy with the albums, which I love. Also the cover album thing looked good, as seems like they're finally going to do it and not just talking randomly about it.

What kind of shocked me is the ''we need to talk more'' and ''we need to rehearse more'' (waits for someone to jump on him and tell him how sloopy Bodom are nowadays).

I know what he's talking about in the coincidence that a lot of good racing drivers as well as metal bands come from Finland. One theory is it's the darkness etc that makes people more serious minded. And well, another is of course we've lots of rally roads in the forest where you can practise fast driving in the dark without anyone noticing and you gain immense skill and bravery (which comes at hand when making your way up from karting to F1 or the rallies.) I don't know if metal heads do that tho.