COB Interviews

Exactly.

I hope they quit fucking around with Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Mötley Crüe and make an album with 9 epic Children Of Bodom songs on it. I hope they continue being the band they were in 99-02 and adopt the Bodom mythology back. I want songs with feeling, not just trash riffs. And Lake Bodom for cover art again. I'm getting a boner just thinking about it. Blooddrunk has nice feeling in some of the songs and extremely clever ideas, but they don't relate to Bodom in any way.

When did they tour with Motley Crue?

And while I may not agree, you are fully entitled to your opinions. If you like older Bodom, than that's great. It's completely within your choice and personal taste. However, there is one thing that bothers me...

You said that they don't relate to Bodom, okay, but I wonder how it's your place to say so. I would think that whether or not you like something is of course up to you as the listener. However, whether or not something is "Bodom" (or whatever band), is judged by the band. As it's their music, and under most circumstances -like this one- it always has been. So if they say it's Bodom (or whatever) then that's what it is.

I used to be one of the biggest 97-02 bodom lovers out there and hated the new stuff but now I've grown to like it and I actually really like Blooddrunk and hope they play some new songs when I see them on the usa tour. They're never going to go backwards so all you can really do is look forward and see how they will evolve and what the bodom influence will affect next (and get to hear your favorite old songs when they throw them in live). I personally think an even more industrial and darker album would be badass, if they could work with Peter and have some more Hypocrisy influence rub off on them that'd be legit, the only way I wouldn't want them to go is more metalcore (aydy) or old school thrash. I don't need keyboards mixed with Exodus.

When did they tour with Motley Crue?

And while I may not agree, you are fully entitled to your opinions. If you like older Bodom, than that's great. It's completely within your choice and personal taste. However, there is one thing that bothers me...

You said that they don't relate to Bodom, okay, but I wonder how it's your place to say so. I would think that whether or not you like something is of course up to you as the listener. However, whether or not something is "Bodom" (or whatever band), is judged by the band. As it's their music, and under most circumstances -like this one- it always has been. So if they say it's Bodom (or whatever) then that's what it is.

I can always listen to some other band of course if I need a breather. I'm sad to see them digging certain bands I don't like, and I'd rather see them doing songs like Lake Bodom, Bed Of Razors, Follow the Reaper, etc etc, that all have a strong relation to the COB mythology. Their new style is cool with me too as long as they don't throw those riffs at me you could find from Nickelback albums.

Oh, okay, I think I see what you mean now.

In that case I mostly agree, though I do still enjoy the newer material as well quite a bit. I couldn't say which I liked more, currently, but either way I pretty much feel the same way.

IsoJuustohuuhtikuu09.jpg

IsoJuustohuhtikuu092.jpg

Thanks a lot for the scan sleeper, it rocks!

I used to be one of the biggest 97-02 bodom lovers out there and hated the new stuff but now I've grown to like it and I actually really like Blooddrunk and hope they play some new songs when I see them on the usa tour. They're never going to go backwards so all you can really do is look forward and see how they will evolve and what the bodom influence will affect next (and get to hear your favorite old songs when they throw them in live). I personally think an even more industrial and darker album would be badass, if they could work with Peter and have some more Hypocrisy influence rub off on them that'd be legit, the only way I wouldn't want them to go is more metalcore (aydy) or old school thrash. I don't need keyboards mixed with Exodus.

I actually think that's a pretty nice and unseen mix, and Bodom have always been known for doing weird mixes.