COB Interviews

50-cent_000995_MainPicture.jpg

never seen fifty before?!

i didn't really know where to put this up, but some covers have been posted and alexi's playing in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ it's already been posted, but thanks :)

Noisecreep, 12th January

Children of Bodom Return to Writing Mode

In October, Finnish technical thrash metal band Children of Bodom wrapped up 18 months of touring for their 2008 album, 'Blooddrunk,' and now they're enjoying some well deserved rest. But it'll be a short break. Next month they plan to enter the rehearsal room to start working on their next studio album.

"We're gonna start writing music and hopefully we'll be able to take some time so we can come up with some really cool songs," Frontman Alexi Laiho told Noisecreep. "I already have a bunch of new riffs that I'm happy with, so hopefully we'll just keep being productive."

Children of Bodom have studio time booked for early summer, which should give them at least five months to write the new material. "We're doing three shows in Finland in April, but other than that we're just going to be working really hard, so there won't be much happening until we're done with the record," Laiho said.

I found another article at noisecreep which i think haven't been posted before.. Alexi talks about his bus accident.. nothing new, but you might be interested. Here you are:

It wasn't the first time Children of Bodom frontman Alexi Laiho was injured after drinking himself into a stupor, and it might not have even been the most embarrassing. That honor probably goes to the 2007 mishap in which he tripped while bowling, and had to put down his guitar for six weeks while he recovered. But the injury he sustained after an April 26 show in Dallas, when he fell out of his bus bunk and landed on his shoulder, was Laiho's low point of the year.

"I was passed out in the bunk, lying there kind of half-assed, and the bus took a really hard turn, and I went down really hard," Laiho told Noisecreep. "I broke my shoulder and one of my ribs, too. But I did 10 shows with the broken bones. I was on medication and I was in a lot of pain. It was killing me and I don't know how I did it, but I still played."

Laiho's luck ran out on the 11th show in New York City. Four songs into the band's set on the No Fear Tour (with Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying and Municipal Waste), the guitarist was in such agony he had to leave the stage. "I think my rib was sticking one of my muscles," he said. "I felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife into my lungs and heart. I just couldn't keep going."

Many in the crowd could tell Laiho was hurting and sympathized with his plight. Some, however, thought the guitarist was on a rock star trip and responded like angry football fans whose team just missed a crucial extra point.

"It's not a great f---ing feeling when you're playing in front of 3,000 people in New York, and all of a sudden you're behind the drum riser not being able to breathe and vomiting blood while people are chanting 'bulls---, bulls---,'" Laiho recalled. "I'm sure most of the people didn't know what the hell was going on, so they just thought I would take off in the middle of the set and not come back. But I'm glad that [vocalist Tony Foresta] from Municipal went up there and explained to the crowd what was going on. After that, we just decided to go home. There were only four shows left anyway."

Children of Bodom immediately returned to Finland, and Laiho rested for two weeks. When he returned to the doctor for an X-ray, the shoulder had healed properly and there was no permanent damage.

"My rib was still broken, but that just takes more time to heal," Laiho said. "But now that's fine as well. I was just lucky."

Thanks, Alejandro, Sleeper, and Gorth!

"It's not a great f---ing feeling when you're playing in front of 3,000 people in New York, and all of a sudden you're behind the drum riser not being able to breathe and vomiting blood while people are chanting 'bulls---, bulls---,'" Laiho recalled. "I'm sure most of the people didn't know what the hell was going on..."

Alexi's far more forgiving than I, but he's probably right about that last part. I want to punch every single person in the crowd who did that. The likelihood that most people in attendance were little more than casual COB fans who hadn't heard Alexi was performing injured doesn't make the incident any less thoughtless or cruel. I've only ever heard of one Axl Rose, and in the very few instances I've ever witnessed performers walk off stage and not come back, there were always very valid reasons for stopping the show.

Idiots.

In regards to Alexi playing with Liplok, that's really cool. And with the interview from Namm, he seems more upfront with his answers like he's actually having conversation, instead of just spouting off rehearsed interview answers to me, haha. I dunno, he just seems even more down to earth than usual, lately, to me. Very cool.

In regards to Alexi playing with Liplok, that's really cool. And with the interview from Namm, he seems more upfront with his answers like he's actually having conversation, instead of just spouting off rehearsed interview answers to me, haha. I dunno, he just seems even more down to earth than usual, lately, to me. Very cool.

It's called being sober :rofl: hahaha
But I do agree with you...